Harmony 880 Remote

Joe99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Does anyone know if the Harmony 880 can be told to use different remote addresses for Dish receivers? For instance if there are two 211 receivers connected to the same tv, each receiver can be assigned its own address. Can the Harmony handle this?

Thanks for any help.

If you're talking IR, I had to change the channel for my 722k and have a harmony one. Sure enough it stopped working. Finally, I just used the learning function on the remote (pointing the Dish remote at it) for a few commands and from then on out it works like a charm.

Does anyone know if the Harmony 880 can be told to use different remote addresses for Dish receivers? For instance if there are two 211 receivers connected to the same tv, each receiver can be assigned its own address. Can the Harmony handle this?

Thanks for any help.

Although I haven't tried this I don't know why you couldn't. I'm not sure if you can assign the remote address when you add each receiver, but you can have the remote learn the commands from one of them.

Yes the 880 can do this. You will have to set up 2 different receivers in the Harmony. Think about how you want to see this displayed on the remote. You'll probably have a "Watch TV" activity on your main receiver and then have a "Receiver #2" activity that when pressed, switched control over to the othe receiver. It's a little clunky unless you really plan it out but it sure can be done as I've done it with 2 Sony AV receivers right next to each other. You'll have to learn the entire second remote into the Harmony if you want everything to work.

Have the 880 and the same thing with remote addresses. Plug it in, and you will need to "learn" from the new remote a few commands, and the software figures it out automatically. (we changed from default to IR 8) If that helps.

Thanks to all who replied.

cpdretired included a link to Logitech which makes the following statement:

Troubleshooting

Q: My Dish Network PVR/Satellite is not responding to my Harmony remote

trnsp.gif
6888.1.0.jpg

How do I get the Dish Network PVR/Satellite to work with my Harmony Remote?
trnsp.gif
This article applies to the following Dish Network receivers:
Duo ViP® 222, Duo ViP® 222K, Solo ViP® 211k/211/411, DuoDVR™ ViP® 722, DuoDVR™ ViP® 722k, DuoDVR™ ViP® 622, Solo DVR ViP® 612, Solo 381, DISH 501, DISH 508, DISH Player-DVR 510, DuoDVR™ 522 & 625, DuoDVR™ 942

The Harmony remote uses the default remote address 1 to communicate with the Dish Network receiver. If you have changed the default remote address, you will need to reset the receiver back to remote address 1. To reset your Dish Network receiver to remote address 1, follow the steps below:

1. Press SYSTEM INFO on the receiver's front panel. The System Information screen displays on the nearby TV and shows the Remote Address.
  2. Using the original Dish Network remote, press and hold SAT on your remote control for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then release SAT.
  3. Using the NUMBER PAD, press the 1 button
  4. Press POUND (#). If you entered the address correctly, SAT will flash three times.
  5. Press RECORD. Make sure the Remote Address you see on the System Information screen is 1.
  6. Press the SELECT button on the front panel to close the System Information screen.
Your Harmony remote should now control your Dish Network PVR/Satellite box

NOTE: Dish Network PVR/Satellite receivers sometimes have two tuners, allowing them to be used in more than one room on different TVs. Control of the second tuner will require the use of a TV2 IR Converter Kit (sold separately) from Dish Network.

Answer ID 12150
Created 2009-06-17 11:55:14
Updated 2010-02-16 12:09:21

On the surface this would seem to say that only remote address 1 can be used.To those who mentioned having the Harmony learn the second Dish remote, does this mean that the Harmony learns the remote address of the second Dish remote along with each key function?

Again, thanks for any help.

njs.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)