Harmony Remote - Keep Hopper always on?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Getting my H/J installed today (my wife thinks I get way to excited over new tech). I have a Harmony One, and I have already gone in an replaced the 722 with the 922 as I understand it is the closest to the Hopper Remote. One setting I had set up on the 722 was to turn it off when I switched activities. Should I keep the Hopper on or turn it off (or put it in standby) when not in use?

Also this is related, does the H/J setup allow the "pause in one room and resume in another". I assume I can pause on the Hopper and then join the tuner on the Joey? And in this case I wouldn't want the Hopper to go to standby when leaving that room, right?

It doesn't matter that much either way. The power consumption difference is going to be fairly small as it is still running even in off/standby. About the only thing disabled during standby/off states is the video circuitry.

For the 2nd, yes it does for pause/join. I don't know about leaving it on or standby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)