Status
Not open for further replies.

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
I'm usually not the first to post stuff like this, but I can NOT WAIT to hear bush comment on this. His biggest blunder outside of Iraq...Literally can not wait to hear him talk about this...I'm giddy...

...although coverage is pre-empting Regis & Kelly, damnit...

Ahh bush is a waste, except for the anti abortion....

I could never figure out his right to life stance while signing execution orders in texas.

When looking back at iraq, I now know he doesnt care about life. Frankly I hope the leak investigation bogs down his presidency completely

when you have a idiot at the helm going no where might be a improvement....

Geez guys...how u really feel? So let me get you str8 Bob....you think this anti abortion stance is good but you think we should not execute murders? Please explain that one. And just cause you don't like Bush, don't you think wishing the Gov. would "bog down" might be a little much? I thought moving forward and making progress was the goal as a nation? Even when slick "willie" was in office I still wanted the Gov. to perform well.

And Purogamer I would agree with you, as hard as that may be, "Harry" was not the best person he could have picked. He should have picked a true conservative with a long record to go off of and pissed of the democrats so the GOP can go nuclear on their ass in the Senate and end the damn fillibuster crap. Becasue you see if the General Counsel for the ANTI american ACLU can get confirmed with a 96-3 margin no "qualified" nominee should be shot down.

Blunder or Political Savy...???

Come on guys...we all knew Ms. Miers was the sacrificial lamb being led to the slaughter just so President Bush can build-up sympathy for his next nominate...a much more conservative woman candidate. Politicians and Pundits will be much more gentle with their criticism of the next nominee for fear of looking like women hating zealots after beating up on poor grandmotherly Ms. Miers. My opinion on this matter:

1. The next nominee will be a woman (opponents will be seen as women bashers)
2. The next nominee will highly qualified and well experienced. (opponents will again be viewed as women bashers)
3. The next nominee will be ultra conservative. (opponents will still come across as women bashers after beating up on Ms. Miers)

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Geez guys...how u really feel? So let me get you str8 Bob....you think this anti abortion stance is good but you think we should not execute murders? Please explain that one. And just cause you don't like Bush, don't you think wishing the Gov. would "bog down" might be a little much? I thought moving forward and making progress was the goal as a nation? Even when slick "willie" was in office I still wanted the Gov. to perform well.

And Purogamer I would agree with you, as hard as that may be, "Harry" was not the best person he could have picked. He should have picked a true conservative with a long record to go off of and pissed of the democrats so the GOP can go nuclear on their ass in the Senate and end the damn fillibuster crap. Becasue you see if the General Counsel for the ANTI american ACLU can get confirmed with a 96-3 margin no "qualified" nominee should be shot down.

Bush APPEARED to value life, given Iraq we KNOW he could care less:( It costs more to kill them than let them rot in jail, and if a mistake is made its correctable:)

Bush is reportedly back on the booze, cant say I blame him given his stellar performance...

Did you know that incompetent FEMA leader, of new orleans fame is still on the payroll?

Bush croonies are guaranteed work.

We should pass a law, all presidents kids must be in the military, and be shipped out first in harms way.

Might chill them from doing stupid stuff!

AOL poll says bush is now considered a failure by 79% of last poll/

bush the president who shouldnt of been.

incidently he tried selling out SS to goose the stock market. His buddies the oil industry are making record profits.

Best he cant do anything, cause he cant do anything right

Bob Haller said:
Bush APPEARED to value life, given Iraq we KNOW he could care less:( It costs more to kill them than let them rot in jail, and if a mistake is made its correctable:)

Bush is reportedly back on the booze, cant say I blame him given his stellar performance...

Did you know that incompetent FEMA leader, of new orleans fame is still on the payroll?

We should pass a law, all presidents kids must be in the military, and be shipped out first in harms way.

Might chill them from doing stupid stuff!

AOL poll says bush is now considered a failure by 79% of last poll/

bush the president who shouldnt of been.

incidently he tried selling out SS to goose the stock market. His buddies the oil industry are making record profits.

Best he cant do anything, cause he cant do anything right

Bob...you are kill'n me. How you are rationalizing it costs less to house a murder on death row for 30 years at a supermax vs. executing them, please do share. After some of the outlandish rumors you claim to be true, I can't wait for the math.

Bush is boozing ...can you send me a credible source for this? I agree Brown should be off the payroll immediately. AOL polls are not scientific Bob.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Bob...you are kill'n me. How you are rationalizing it costs less to house a murder on death row for 30 years at a supermax vs. executing them, please do share. After some of the outlandish rumors you claim to be true, I can't wait for the math.

Bush is boozing ...can you send me a credible source for this? I agree Brown should be off the payroll immediately. AOL polls are not scientific Bob.

it DOES COST MORE TO EXECUTE! appeals usually drag on for at least 10 years, we the taxpayer pay not only for the proscuetion but defense too, this all costs big bucks.

bush boozing I have seen references on several net places. Yeah it might be bogus, but its likely true

I mean he MUST realize he himself is a failure, and certinally destined to be rembered like LBJ? or perhaps nixon?

at least theres zero chance of a bush dynasty, jeb will never get anywhere but florida.

just look at the national polls, bush has tanked, by the time his term is over, his numbers wil be depressed futher, this war, we cant win....

I've seen the same data regarding executions. It's not that the actual execution is more expensive, it's that the high cost of an intense appeals process, coupled with a ridiculous amount of time from conviction to execution - add to that the fact that the cost per death row inmate is greater than those in general population.

Of course, if the reason you choose a life sentence instead of a death sentence is because of cost - then there is really nothing morally wrong with trying to make capital punishment more affordable.

riffjim4069 said:
Come on guys...we all knew Ms. Miers was the sacrificial lamb being led to the slaughter just so President Bush can build-up sympathy for his next nominate...a much more conservative woman candidate. Politicians and Pundits will be much more gentle with their criticism of the next nominee for fear of looking like women hating zealots after beating up on poor grandmotherly Ms. Miers. My opinion on this matter:

1. The next nominee will be a woman (opponents will be seen as women bashers)
2. The next nominee will highly qualified and well experienced. (opponents will again be viewed as women bashers)
3. The next nominee will be ultra conservative. (opponents will still come across as women bashers after beating up on Ms. Miers)

Two out of three ain't bad... :)

Bob Haller said:

To make it a little more fair... so is the mayor of New Orleans and the Gov of LA. They did much more worse of a job than the President ever did. They should have lost their jobs too. Crooks.

The difference bet the mayor, the gov, and the President: he owned up to his mistakes. The other two are still blaming him.

riffjim4069 said:
Well, it looks like Bush has elected to take the difficult and divisive road...

Goes both ways. So have the dems. Judicial fillibustering? Come on. How many judges have the republicans done that too? How many supreame court nominees have they maimed before comfirmation? Every supreame court nominee include Ginsburg got a fair hearing. What about the President's nominees? It is afterall his RIGHT by law to make HIS choice.

Newsflash: The democrats haven't been in power for over 10 years yet they are acting like they are. Go figgure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)