Harrisburg DMA / CBS in HD

Harrisburg DMA / Eastern Arc Issue

Has anyone in the Harrisburg DMA that is using a 1000,4 dish ONLY (eastern arc) having any problems with the sound quality?

My will stutter (for lack of a better word) every so often. Sometimes the picture quality pixelates when this happens. The dish installer moved the dish and I have good signal quality on 77, 61.5, and 72. He also installed a mounting brace to help keep it in position.

Any thoughts? I didn't have this problem on 110/119 in SD before the upgrade.

Thanks,
Doug

I have a VIP622 Receiver using a 1000.4 dish. I do not have any switches installed because I only have the one receiver.

I emailed WHP but haven't heard anything yet. I would like to know the reason. It sucks not to have CBSHD. Can't get it ota because of a mountain. I wonder if I would qualify for distant?

I emailed WHP but haven't heard anything yet. I would like to know the reason. It sucks not to have CBSHD. Can't get it ota because of a mountain. I wonder if I would qualify for distant?

Do you have any quality issues with WGAL-8 in HD? The sound studders fairly often like there is a sync problem.

I saw on a Directv forum that some of their users were having the same issue a few months ago.

Do you have any quality issues with WGAL-8 in HD? The sound studders fairly often like there is a sync problem.

I saw on a Directv forum that some of their users were having the same issue a few months ago.

Not that I could tell last night but fox 43 had a bad sync. issue. I have only got EA installed on Wednesday.

WHP(CBS) is a Newport Television LLC station. They are one of the remnants of the old Clear Channel TV group. A lot of their stations are CW or MyNet (station list link). I would be willing to bet we won't see WHP-HD on dish until e* starts carrying more of the sub-nets (like WLYH - CW15 also here in H-burg).

I'm still holding out hope for a Feb 17 digital transition. Hopefully, the full powered digitial 21(uhf) will come in better than their light-bulb powered 4(VHF).

WHP(CBS) is a Newport Television LLC station. They are one of the remnants of the old Clear Channel TV group. A lot of their stations are CW or MyNet (station list link). I would be willing to bet we won't see WHP-HD on dish until e* starts carrying more of the sub-nets (like WLYH - CW15 also here in H-burg).

I'm still holding out hope for a Feb 17 digital transition. Hopefully, the full powered digitial 21(uhf) will come in better than their light-bulb powered 4(VHF).

Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. I have an email into them about getting a distant cbs station. I will never be able to get WHP ota.

FYI, if you don't read the uplink reports... It Is LIVE!

Be sure to check your timers... they did remove the MPEG4 SD WHP in exchange for the MPEG4 HD WHP. Esp, if you have timers for survivor or csi...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)