HARTFORD LOCALS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DISHMAN

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 17, 2003
OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE NOVEMBER 20,2002 WITH LOCAL PRESS CONFERENCE TO BE HELD ON THAT DATE AT LOCAL DEALER SHOWROOM.
DEALER MEETING ON SAME TO BE HELD IN THE DMA ON OCT 28TH.

My source has apparently been quite good as these posts show. 8)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=618&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hartford&start=50

(below is from above post:)
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:57 pm Post subject:
Scott, if you can dig deep for more information on locals - I am told Hartford should be in the group on the 16th - on Dish 500.

Or go way back in DBS Talk:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=14765&highlight=Hartford

(Below is from the above post)
April 30th, 2003, 11:46 PM
From a good source Post #1
tampa8
Godfather/Supporter
User #98

Sometime ago this source gave me info that I posted at DBSFORUMS that turned out to be correct. He/She has now told be a couple of things that I will post. I believe they are new or somewhat new.

1. The 121 slot will be spotbeam only with no plans for any HD or conus there.

2. Hartford locals is a given. Three of the major networks (ABC NBC FOX) and WB (WTXX) are ready when Dish is. The source could not confirm CBS or UPN is on board from Hartford.

3. Dish is working on a "HD PAK" but what it will consist of either has not been determined or the source just does not know. It may not be a stand alone pak, but an add on to one of the packages.

4. HD programming will be available at 110 eventually. That is not to say it will not be available where it is now also. He/She does not know.

So take it for what it is worth. I guess time will tell how accurate this is!

He has insisted since then that Hartford is in the pipeline. I don't know why dish did not usually list them with the other new ones coming. He was off in saying 121 would be Spot - but generally what he said has come to pass. Note he even knew that HD would indeed be on 110 way back then, and was in effect saying HD would not be on 121 as was being commonly thought.

Yea - Hartford is coming, Hartford is coming! :jump2:

guest said:
Tampa8 said:
1. The 121 slot will be spotbeam only with no plans for any HD or conus there.

:jump2:
why are all the internationals testing on it?

That's why I point out he got that wrong - however was correct in that HD is not going there - at that time many thought HD was going there.

Is there any shot for future network HDTV for people who get locals?

Couldn't they come up with some elaborate program that could take the network content and pass that along, then switch to local SD when there is no netowork HD, even during communal commercial spots during the network broadcasts.

Sure, it would be tricky, but it would save bandwidth.

Still, I can's see why we can't pay a "out of area surcharge" and get the network content directly w/o the local crap when the network is in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)