Has Anyone been able to go Back to absolute?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Due to a Potential Lay Off at work I am going to have to cut back on expenses ,and of Course Dish is at top of List as TV isnt something I cant live without.I am just wondering if anyone has been able to talk with CEOs and either get for first time or go back to Absolute HD,unfortunately for me the days of 85 to 100 dollar Dish bills are gone for a while.
Any sugestions on how to approach CEO to ask.

Sorry to hear about the layoff.

Dish doesn't have a code in the system to offer Absolute any longer. You might want to get the Turbo package before it goes away also.

The Turbo is less channels for more money than Absolute. Drop all your premiums and you can get the bill under $40.

Dish Can Acess if they want to?

Sorry to hear about the layoff.

Dish doesn't have a code in the system to offer Absolute any longer. You might want to get the Turbo package before it goes away also.

I have a family Member who worked for Dishes call Center and She said even after Absolute wasnt being offered last year the CEOs were able to add it back if they wanted to.As long as Absolute is still in their Billing system ,completley at Dishes discretion they can add it back if they want to.Not saying they will in my case but as long as some people are able to subscribe(grandfathered in) its still in thier system ,just not accessible to the CSRs.

I signed up just to help him. I have a deal site with almost 70,000 members and can prove it. I just wanted to help...I care about saving money, not sats.

I signed up just to help him. I have a deal site with almost 70,000 members and can prove it. I just wanted to help...I care about saving money, not sats.

If it is possible, why don't you share it with the rest of us instead of a pm? :confused:

Cause I know E* reads the forums and don't want the loophole canceled. Anyways, you need to have it to start with. I just felt sorry for the guy.

I just decided the hell with it...Just pause your account. The CSRs have to basically clear your subs and when they try to sign you up later Absolute isn't there. An e-mail to CEO@DN proving you had it may work. It worked for me. Of course, I was truly unaware they wouldn't just pause my account. YMMV...

Try that and use a non-contract option if you need basic TV.

I just decided the hell with it...Just pause your account. The CSRs have to basically clear your subs and when they try to sign you up later Absolute isn't there. An e-mail to CEO@DN proving you had it may work. It worked for me. Of course, I was truly unaware they wouldn't just pause my account. YMMV...

Try that and use a non-contract option if you need basic TV.
We've had other folks mention they paused their absoluteHD account and weren't allowed to restart with it, so it's not that simple. If it was the case for you, good deal.

He's talking about what I just posted, pause your account, though others have said they couldn't get Absolute HD back afterward. Beware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts