Has anyone got 82/91/93 on a Hughes/elliptical dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robinzon

Original poster
May 11, 2006
Hey all,

I have been in the hobby for a very long time and at this point in the game have not had much trouble getting birds (I do have an oscillocsope for those really bad days hehe). At any rate, I have an elliptical (old Hughes Primestart like) dish that is aimed at 93 spot (Galaxy 26 or Intelsat 6 as it was known before/Telstar 6 whatnot)... at any rate, today I figured I will toy with installing 91/82 LNBs on the same dish.... using Magic Bracket 4... I have no problem getting 82 bird but cannot get 91... I realize that there is only a 2 degree difference between the birds, so it might be that I might not be able to get this to work unless perhaps I use sometthing like a superdish feedhorn (?!?! I have one spare I wonder if that will work since 93 is Liner FSS).... I was wondering if anyone was able to get 91/93 with just an LNB holder (articulating)... what about 91/97 for that matter?

Thanks

P.S. has anyone gotten 91 to work on a 121 Superdish (ie install the LNB on the 110 side using a mount/bracket, etc.) I am sure I saw posts to that extent, though when I attempted I got no signal (ie LNB held by hand and yes indeed you can get signal that way if you have steady hands.... at any rate ).

You can measure the distance between 82 and 93, and then divide by 11 and muliply by 2, and the answer is the distance between 91 and 93.

On a one meter dish it is 1.6 inches, very hard to fine two LNB's that can be 1.6 inches apart. The smaller the dish the smaller the spacing.

Superdish (121) LNB is one inch apart, and the DBS part would not work for FSS, because of the feedhorn design.

I am sorry but I am about to loose it.......... and if you have read one of my posts from earlier today you might know why.

Your a new member here and your saying that you have been in this hobby for a long time.

Now what exactly do you want to get on 82 degrees west and 91 degrees west?????????

robinzon said:
"(I do have an oscillocsope for those really bad days hehe)"

What are you using a oscilloscope for?

hmm first off I have been following the forum for a long time, I don't post second, see above... also you clearly have not read my post...

I am sorry but I am about to loose it.......... and if you have read one of my posts from earlier today you might know why.

Your a new member here and your saying that you have been in this hobby for a long time.

Now what exactly do you want to get on 82 degrees west and 91 degrees west?????????

What are you using a oscilloscope for?

You can measure the distance between 82 and 93, and then divide by 11 and muliply by 2, and the answer is the distance between 91 and 93.

On a one meter dish it is 1.6 inches, very hard to fine two LNB's that can be 1.6 inches apart. The smaller the dish the smaller the spacing.

Superdish (121) LNB is one inch apart, and the DBS part would not work for FSS, because of the feedhorn design.

yes indeed I realize that.... as far as the 121 feedhorn, 93 is an FSS bird, hence the 121 would be working for 93 and the 110 side (which is DSS) would work for 91... again I am not trying to get 82 and 93, which btw is very easy and its not 1.5 apart... but 91 and 93....

This is a proof of concept Iceberg, and has nothing to do with subscriptions.... as I remember correctly you did a whole long message on your torroidal setup where you got testcards from many different birds... hence this is the same proof of concept here, though since my dish is a bit smaller and not a torroidal revrse polarity setup... I am getting less resolution between the LNBs ... and for some reason cannot get the 91 next to 93 at all even though you, oddly enough, got it on the torroidal (it is a bit bigger but not THAT much..).

thanks

I'm using stacked LNB's that have a small "eye". It looks squished. Thats the only way I can get 93/91

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)