has anyone had this problem with their dialup speed dropping with the 522 ?

cableman2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
has anyone had their modem speed drop when the 522 is hooked up on the same phone line,kinda wierd having 34500bps when the 522 is unplugged from phone jack and when it is hooked back up and i go and sign on to my isp ,my spped drops to 17300.tried this over an over to see if this was my connection or if was my imagination....but to no avail...the 522 modem must be feeding back or somthing ?...any ideas or thoughts on this matter.

Try this simple audible test: grab a phone and dial one digit (not zero) to stop the dial tone. During the silence, plug in the 522 modem and see if you hear anything. Don't take too long during that silence though... :) maybe just very slowly dial a neutral phone number (even your own line).

I know it's a dumb sounding test and it's not guaranteed to expose the underlying problem, but it's something you can do to try to gather info on the problem. :)

Hmm... :confused: tried the phone trick you said,interesting:had a slight hum on the line when i plugged in the 522,i have even opened my grey phone box up and tried the test port to rule out bad lines maybe :no ....but the 522 definantly has a negative effect on computer modems using the same line. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts