Has Anyone Lost The Turner South Channel (437)????

bumblebee8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I know that Turner South has changed it's name to something else but I don't have the 437 channel anymore. I called Dish today and the tech tried to get it back for me to no avail, he said he would turn over the problem to someone higher up to see what they could do and for me to check back on Tuesday. They were really busy with people changing programs. Just wondering if anyone else in the South has lost this channel. It is very important to my family as we watch all the SEC Sports and Atlanta Braves Baseball. If I can't get this channel back, I will be very unhappy. I have the HD Gold Package.

Thanks, that's the game I wanted to watch, I love Tennessee Girls Basketball, I was very unhappy when I could not get the channel, never had any problems with it before. I have written the ceo to see they can give me an answer as to why I can't receive this anymore.

It would probably be faster just to call customer service and ask them to send a programming hit to the receivers on your account. The channel could be back in as little as 5 mins after they send the hit.

pdxsam, I did call customer service and was on the phone with them for a good 45 minutes, they had me do a check switch and everything else, then he said he had done all he could do and would refer it to a higher tech. I agree with you, I thought all they had to do was rehit my receiver but this was not the case unless the csr didn't know what was he was doing. I think I will call back and see what happens.

So Mad

I live in the cincy area and I cannot get channel 437. I am trying to watch the paradise Jam between Villnova and Xavier and the CSR from dish is telling me that I cannot recieve this channel in my area.

I live in the cincy area and I cannot get channel 437. I am trying to watch the paradise Jam between Villnova and Xavier and the CSR from dish is telling me that I cannot recieve this channel in my area.

SportSouth reaches about 8.2 million cable and satellite subscribers in Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina and parts of North Carolina.

that just sucks I can watch a game at of washington state but I can't watch a game out of the southern states image that. I bet there are lot pissed off people in cincinnati.

Ahhh... We're only talking about Xavier (to those from outside the area, there are NO "EGGS" in Xavier! You don't say Egg-xylophone)

The TV game schedule for Fox Sports Ohio is:
Nov. 11: 7 pm
Coastal Carolina @ Xavier

Nov. 25: 12pm
American @ Xavier

Nov. 29: 7 pm
Miami (Ohio) @ Xavier

Dec. 2: 12 pm
Western Carolina @ Xavier

Dec. 5: 7 pm
Detroit @ Xavier

Jan. 6: 7 pm
Temple @ Xavier

Jan. 13: 8 pm
Xavier @ Saint Louis

Jan. 21: 12 pm
Xavier @ Saint Joseph’s

Jan. 24: 7 pm
Xavier @ St. Bonaventure WED

Jan. 31: 7 pm
Xavier @ Duquesne

Feb. 7: 7 pm
Saint Louis vs. Xavier

Feb. 17: 6 pm
Richmond @ Xavier

Feb. 21: 7 pm
Rhode Island @ Xavier

Feb. 28: 7 pm
St. Joseph’s @ Xavier

Mar. 3
Xavier @ La Salle

See ya
Tony

UPDATE: My e-mail to the ceo worked, I had a quick response and my channel is back on, thank goodness. He said it was cut off last week by mistake when I lost my DNS and my locals were added. He quickly turned it back on. I'm a happy camper now.

I know that Turner South has changed it's name to something else but I don't have the 437 channel anymore. I called Dish today and the tech tried to get it back for me to no avail, he said he would turn over the problem to someone higher up to see what they could do and for me to check back on Tuesday. They were really busy with people changing programs. Just wondering if anyone else in the South has lost this channel. It is very important to my family as we watch all the SEC Sports and Atlanta Braves Baseball. If I can't get this channel back, I will be very unhappy. I have the HD Gold Package.
The channel is now called "Sports South"...it is on ch 437..It is my understanding that the Braves will be seen primarily on Fox Sports South with far less games on TBS and a few on Sports South...
ypu must live in the proper zip code to get Sprts South..POresumably you have not relocated your residence, I bet you are wondering why that channel is not on your guide...Sounds like a compter glitch on Dish's end..Let them fix it ..Keep them working on it

I live in Ohio so I guess I will never get the channel. It doesn't even show up in the guide. Don't understand why I can watch a channel out of California and Washington State but I can't watch a channel out of Atlanta. Whats up with that.

I do live in the proper zip code (MS) to get this channel. It was an error on Dish's part that cut this channel from my account but I couldn't get the csr's to understand being cut off was not in my equipment but on their end. They scheduled a service call for tomorrow because they said I was not getting the signal on the 110 satellite, transponer 25. I was not satisfied with this explanation and e-mailed the ceo for an explanation. He found it had in fact been cut off of my account and he promply cut it back on. And all is well. I cancelled the service call this morning. So you see you don't always get the right answer from the csr's. Does anyone know what transponder Sports South is on?

The previous version of the channel (Turner South) was only provided to specific states as mentioned above. It appears that the new version (Sports South) is doing the same. Perhaps at some point in the future Sports South will be added to Multi-Sport so those outside the Deep South can see the colege stuff on that channel.

Glad to see others had the same prob with 437 after adding local channels & dealing with Dishnet Customer Dis-service Reps. Also glad to see what you did to wake 'em up.

Placed a coupla phone calls yesterday to CS - also sent an e-mail to "Contact Us" - and got everything from "You should only be getting FoxSport Southwest" - I live in Alabama - to "FoxSportsNet South & SportSouth are the same."

Coupla hours after hanging up, having made two calls & talking to 3 CS Reps & shaking my head, I find 437 has miraculously re-appeared in my listing.

We've had other probs with them in the past, but everytime I think I might ought to switch to DIRECT, I'm reminded they're probably not that much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)