has anyone ordered the dish dhtv 811 bundle with widescreen?

jeffdan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
has anyone ordered the hdtv in a box with the 811 and 40 inch widescreen? if so you might find this interesting. if you go to http://www.rca.com/product/viewdeta...t/productspecs/0,2810,PI700215-CI121,00.html?
you'll see that the 40 inch that dish offers is really close to that of the model rca D40W20. the weight(shippingwieght is 152 lbs actual tv is 128lbs, width, hight, and dia. are the same. does anyone have this combo? i just ordered and will recieve this next wed. mar 3rd. :it also has the same exact # of all inputs and outputs. does anyone agree with this?

There's a 24 hour burn in period for that RPTV.. that most retailers don't know about. If they take it out of the box at your install remember you might have to do it yourself.

Do not get the 40 inch Rca, Get the 34 inch it has a much better picture.

Both sets will need to be calibrated by an expert.

bcshields said:
There's a 24 hour burn in period for that RPTV.. that most retailers don't know about. If they take it out of the box at your install remember you might have to do it yourself.

hello, what do you mean by burn in period. i saw both tv's at wal-mart supercenter and the 40 inch looks just as good as the 34 crt. the crt isn't as crisp when watching standard mode, which really sucks. thanks for the reply

jeffdan said:
hello, what do you mean by burn in period. i saw both tv's at wal-mart supercenter and the 40 inch looks just as good as the 34 crt. the crt isn't as crisp when watching standard mode, which really sucks. thanks for the reply

I believe, and I'm not too strong when it comes to HD, that it means that the screen requires 24 hours of time to be on before the picture is ideal, for the picture to "burn into" the screen.

bcshields said:
I believe, and I'm not too strong when it comes to HD, that it means that the screen requires 24 hours of time to be on before the picture is ideal, for the picture to "burn into" the screen.
good news, then thanks for the rply. i thought maybe i was supposed to leave the widescreen on for 24 hrs srtaight to seat the projection bulbs. but that should have been take care of tat the factory. thanks again for the reply

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts