Has DISH Lost it ways?

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
I have been a DISH Customer for over 20 years and I ask Has DISH Lost its ways? DISH Used to be a leader in Set top Boxes, program guides and other Great Tech...They haven't introduced anything in the past few years. I understand Cord cutting and OTT services are beginning to take a piece of the DISH Market but they still have over 15 million subscribers. When will they into a new Hopper 4? or other tech? and thats just the tech stuff How about the programming...Most of the sports channels are gone...and if you live in the NYC area we have no RSNs at all...no HBO no new HD additions nothing...maybe they should really start taking care of their existing customers if they are looking to gain new subscribers

Reactions: pattykay
So you feel like they are behind just because they haven't made a new model? What are you expecting that the H3 doesn't have or couldn't be updated for? Does Direct have anything close to as good as the H3? Not that I can tell. Is this like cars where they have to change every two or three years or the reviewers don't like them? I feel like some cars get to near perfect, including the looks, then they make them ugly just to be making a change.

I have been a DISH Customer for over 20 years and I ask Has DISH Lost its ways? DISH Used to be a leader in Set top Boxes, program guides and other Great Tech...They haven't introduced anything in the past few years. I understand Cord cutting and OTT services are beginning to take a piece of the DISH Market but they still have over 15 million subscribers. When will they into a new Hopper 4? or other tech? and thats just the tech stuff How about the programming...Most of the sports channels are gone...and if you live in the NYC area we have no RSNs at all...no HBO no new HD additions nothing...maybe they should really start taking care of their existing customers if they are looking to gain new subscribers
The Hopper 3 today is far removed from the Hopper 3 of 3 years ago. As far as HBO and the RSN's, contact HBO and the RSN's and complain about their trying to price gouge any new contracts with Dish

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Yes 15 million customers, but they don't like to talk about how many of those 15 million are sling customers.

They will improve the hopper when it becomes necessary. However the hopper is their poster child, If you don't need a DVR, get a Wally. There is really no reason for a Hopper Lite. Look at how the 111 failed to offer an alternative to the 301 series

There is really no reason for a Hopper Lite.

And yet we have the Hopper Duo. ;)
Look at how the 111 failed to offer an alternative to the 301 series

This one has me mystified. I found the small form factor appealing, though the Bell version (4100?) was a 111 with all the usual outputs and seemed like a great addition to the line. And, unlike the 301, the 111 could handle 8PSK.

• Love
I understand and agree. Dish was exciting and made you want more. Charley chat . Tech chat . New receivers coming out new technologies. Now it’s just boring tv . If you want to keep growing than come out with something that wows us . Dish has turned into a boring cable company.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay and LQQK
Yes 15 million customers, but they don't like to talk about how many of those 15 million are sling customers.

It’s not that difficult, Google is your friend……

“The company closed the third quarter of 2019 with 12.18 million total Pay-TV subscribers, including 9.49 million DISH TV subscribers and 2.69 million Sling TV subscribers.”

The Hopper 3 today is far removed from the Hopper 3 of 3 years ago. As far as HBO and the RSN's, contact HBO and the RSN's and complain about their trying to price gouge any new contracts with Dish

I upgraded to an H3 about 3 years ago. What is the difference you’re referring to? I’ve had nearly none of the problems others have had through all the firmware updates.

I upgraded to an H3 about 3 years ago. What is the difference you’re referring to? I’ve had nearly none of the problems others have had through all the firmware updates.
The additions of Google Plus, Nest and Amazon Prime plus I finally got streaming through the media server and my Plex app to work - although it's half quality of the app it is on my LG TV

It’s not that difficult, Google is your friend……

“The company closed the third quarter of 2019 with 12.18 million total Pay-TV subscribers, including 9.49 million DISH TV subscribers and 2.69 million Sling TV subscribers.”

WOW, I didn't realize things have gotten that bad. I remember when they where celebrating 10 million satellite customers not too long ago.

The additions of Google Plus, Nest and Amazon Prime plus I finally got streaming through the media server and my Plex app to work - although it's half quality of the app it is on my LG TV

Right! Had problems when we had ATT Arris modem reconnects on reboot. EHD’s about to expire. Switched to Linksys hardware after changing providers. No issues. Solid system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)