Has dish messed up my 942's dvi output with an update?

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
Yesterday I turned on my tv and didn't see the normal dish network screen saver logo on my tube. I turned on the power on the remote and could hear sound but without an image. I did a reboot of the system and everything was working fine. Today the same problem is present - no image on the hdtv but the feed to tv2 is working fine. Couldn't do a reboot yet because I'm recording the 4400 and family guy. Just wondering if some new update has messed up my 942, which up to this point was working without a flaw. Thanks in advance. Cobalt

Last edited:
Just got of the phone with a dish tech and she informed me that the issues I was having with my hdmi output on the 942 was a result of the update dish sent out on the 16th of this month. I asked if there was any fix other that to reboot (which doesn't work in my case), she informed me that it wouldn't be fixed until the next software update. She had no idea when the next update would occur. I asked If there was anyway to roll back my software to the last version and she said no. How hard would it be to keep the last software version on the hard drive in case it was needed. Oh well, All my component connections are taken up so I guess for the time being I'll wear out the connections swapping from my DVD to dish.

The Tech told me that it was a know issue with a large number of 942's after the last update.... Just count youself as luckier than I am and keep you fingers crossed.

Demand a free upgrade to the 622. No $199 charge to your credit card.
That's what I would do.

I own my 942. Now if they'd give me a free owned, not leased, 942 I'd jump on that. But alas I don't think they will. But thanks for the suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)