Has My 301 Bit The Dust?????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hey guys I have just a real quick question.... I have both a 510 which is in the livingroom and a 301 which is in our bedroom. Tonight my 301 started loosing the guide information as well as channel authorization. I was able to do a check switch which brought my 301 back to life, but about an hour later everything went blank. Everything checks out ok good signal, switch checks ok, but can't get any of the channels to comeback online. I have had my 301 for about three years now and it has been a real workhorse with little or no problems other than the freeze up S/W that was loaded with P225. I have yet to call DISH NETWORK because I have done everything they will tell me to do so I wanted to consult with you guys first to try any other options... Thanks for any tips!!!!! CC

Try rebooting it.

Hold down the power button for about 5 seconds.

If that doesn't clear it up pull the power plug for a couple of minutes and then run a check switch.

If you are still having problems then you may have a dying receiver.

I had a similar problem with an older 301. It would loose sat signal for a couple of seconds and then come back online. I tried several things (rebooting, unplugging, etc) and even ran through several tests with Dish tech. Finally, they authorized an RMA and sent me a new one.

Hey thanks for the reply!!!!! That is pretty much what I have done... Talked with Dan one of the techs at Dish and he is doing test right now as I am writing this... I did the reboot, check switch and power down and it still was doing the same thing... Thanks for the help and I will let you guys know what the end result is... CC

Do you have a SuperDish connected? I have had an issue with a few 301's where they would receiver two satellites with a Dish500 but not three satellites with a SuperDish.

Hello guys!!!!! Just an update on my 301 situation... Yesterday evening while E* was doing test to see what the problem was it completly crashed... The tech at dish said from the sounds of it that it was an issue with the card holder and reader since everything else was fine. Dish is sending me a new 311 due to the issues I was having with my 301... Dan and Shannon with tech support were great and even new a lot of things without having to read a screen to tell me what the problems were ie unplugging, rebooting etc... Thanks for you guys help as well... I am sight impaired so it is fun when there are tech issues that come up... Thanks again.....CC

good to hear you got fixed up. You know, I have always had good service from the techs at E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)