Has The 2nd Dish Fee Been Waived For Voom Channels

SpringsGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Colorado Springs
Hi guys,

I just decided to go to the Dish site and type in a order to see if the $100 fee for the 2nd dish was still being tacked on for new customers. But to my surprise there was no addtional $100 tacked on when the prices starting adding up? So does anyone know if they are still charging that fee? And another important question which dish do they supply as the 2nd dish? Because when i purchased my home a lil over a year ago my house was left with Dish equiptment in place, and have a Dish 500 in my closet. So could the Dish 500 i have laying around possibly save me the $100 fee if they are still applying it for people that want Voom? I AM SO READY TO BAIL FROM ADELPHIA.. $160 bill monthly from adelphia which i have to call and get readjusted monthly isn't helping my situation... THANKS GUYS ANY FEEDBACK IS MUCH APPRECIATED.....

The site is incorrect. The $100 deal is still a valid promotion.
If you have a Dish500 that would work jsut fine, call a local dealer (NOT DISH) and see what they would charge you to instlall it. If you have a superdish, you will need a DPP44 which will not be cheap (unless you want to buy your own on Ebay, but buyer beware, many of the DPP44 switches that are being sold well below cost are XXXXXXXXXX

edit : any new equipment sold this far below dealer cost should be considered extreme suspicious, while they are probably legit, I seriously question where someone was able to obtain a DPP44 for less then half what a dealer pays.

JPointerWI said:
The site is incorrect. The $100 deal is still a valid promotion.
If you have a Dish500 that would work jsut fine, call a local dealer (NOT DISH) and see what they would charge you to instlall it. If you have a superdish, you will need a DPP44 which will not be cheap (unless you want to buy your own on Ebay, but buyer beware, many of the DPP44 switches that are being sold well below cost are STOLEN PROPERTY)

I hope you have proof of this "stolen property" claim...

Explain how a switch that sells for $160 to retailers can be sold for $60 on Ebay. Echostar, and any of the 5 major distributors that supply all Dish retailers do not offer bulk discounts for parts like that. So where are these switches coming from that these guys can sell them For $60-$100 ????

Is it true everyone can get the Voom channels on the new sat at 129 now?

Or is this still just a test mode thing?

I have a 2nd dish that I can point to 129, It is real hard for me to point to 61.5 as a House and a tree is in the way.

Can I just point it myself and then call them to have it turned on? I have pointed many other dishes before.

The VOOM channels are on 129. They are regularly broadcasting 8 of the 10. Animania and Equator are only on sometimes for some reason. But the 8 out of ten have been on constantly from what I can tell.

:cool:

Is the 2nd dish a DISH 500.. and if so than whats the 1st Dish.. LOL.... And i am figuring that the first dish integrates the locals right so no antenna also just 2 dishes? And for the 2nd dish its for VOOM only right..?

JPointerWI said:
Explain how a switch that sells for $160 to retailers can be sold for $60 on Ebay. Echostar, and any of the 5 major distributors that supply all Dish retailers do not offer bulk discounts for parts like that. So where are these switches coming from that these guys can sell them For $60-$100 ????
Someone switching to cable or Directv and selling off there equipment.
Dealer going out of business and selling off his inventory.
There are ways...

I'm not going to start a flamewar here. Believe what you want. I just want people to be aware that if you purchase Dish equipment from Ebay, you sometimes have to look the other way and ignore the fact that you are buying brand new, recently released technology for a fraction of it's real cost.

Springs Guy,

Bottom line... It's very likely that in the next 1-2 months you'll be able to get Voom off 129 with a new Dish 1000. It'll avoid your needing the 61.5 Dish (unless you really want the CBSHD East Feed).

Is Springs an O&O market? Do you qualify of the CBSHD sat feed?

Hd

David, I hope you're right about the Dish 1000. I have the Dish 500 now with the AT60. I want to add the Dish HD package, but not the Voom channels, because I don't want to have a second dish. Does anyone know if down the road, I can have the AT60, Dish HD package, and Voom channels all on one dish(1000)?

Oh - SpringsGuy, you still haven't told me where in the Springs you are. Unless it's deep on the west side (in the canyon), we should be able to drive your 811 with a small OTA antenna so you can get ALL the Spgs. digital stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)