Have a 722, adding 612 - need help!

mabowman1

Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
Cleveland
I have a 722k and I want to add a 612 to my system. I considered upgrading to the hopper but I already had the 613 lying dormant. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of how this would be done and the parts I would need? I have a 1000.2 Ea dish with the twin DPP LNB. Thanks in advance.

Basically one line off the twin goes to the 722k and one line will need to go to the 612. You can use separators with a DPP lnb. You shouldn't need more parts, just a coax run.

I currently only have one line coming from the dish into the house. Would I have to use a splitter of some kind?
You'll need to run a second line from the dish to the 612. The 612 is a dual-tuner receiver and will need a separator at the back of the unit to split that single coax into the two tuner inputs.

You might reconsider the Hopper 3 and one Joey. You pay $10/mo for the 722 and the 612 would would add another $10/mo. Hopper 3's "DVR" fee is $15 plus $7 for the Joey so you'd pay $2/mo more but say good-bye to tuner conflicts and you'd have a common pool of DVR content.

The other advantage of this setup is it only requires one line from the dish and that could be split more or less anywhere using a "hub" go get the feed for the Joey.

There are those that prefer to keep content separate (spouse and/or children) so H3/Joey might not be for you.

Contact DIRT (in the helpers section in red) to see if you can get a free upgrade (would be leased and a 2-year contract). Then you can sell the 612 (and the 722 if you own it). PM ("private conversation") them your account number or phone number plus you 4-digit security code and they will get back to you with your options.

The 1000.2 dish is fine but you need the new Hybrid LNB. If you have Dish do the install, they'll take care of all that. If you DYI, you need the Hybrid EA LNB, and a "solo hub" to split the line from the dish into H3 and Joey feeds.

You should have 3 GHz rated coax from the dish to H3. There's a wiring diagram thread in the Hopper sticky section.

No, that's the western arc version.

Dish Depot has both and here's their link to the EA version:

HYBRID EAST ARC LNBF

It includes the solo hub too so that's all you'd need to buy except for coax and connectors.

I'm sure other sources have the EA version too, you may need to call.

If you install the 612 you will not need to change anything on the dish. You will need a second line though, you cannot use a spitter in your case.

Hopper 3 indeed needs a hybrid lnb on the dish.

You'll need to run a second line from the dish to the 612. The 612 is a dual-tuner receiver and will need a separator at the back of the unit to split that single coax into the two tuner inputs.

You might reconsider the Hopper 3 and one Joey. You pay $10/mo for the 722 and the 612 would would add another $10/mo. Hopper 3's "DVR" fee is $15 plus $7 for the Joey so you'd pay $2/mo more but say good-bye to tuner conflicts and you'd have a common pool of DVR content.

The other advantage of this setup is it only requires one line from the dish and that could be split more or less anywhere using a "hub" go get the feed for the Joey.

There are those that prefer to keep content separate (spouse and/or children) so H3/Joey might not be for you.

Contact DIRT (in the helpers section in red) to see if you can get a free upgrade (would be leased and a 2-year contract). Then you can sell the 612 (and the 722 if you own it). PM ("private conversation") them your account number or phone number plus you 4-digit security code and they will get back to you with your options.
The 612 is a dual tuner receiver that is designed for ONE TV. It does not have a secondary output (Ch 21-69) for a second TV....Hence the "1" in the model number.