Have an old pack, want to downgrade, how to do it?

BrunoPuntzJones

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
Been with Dish several years and relatively pleased. I'm on like America's Top 100 with the HD pack, and the additional HD pack (MGM Movies and stuff).

I have a VIP 622 receiver, and an external hard drive hooked to it.

I also am on the deal of 2 years of Cinemax for $0.02.

Is there a way to just go with the Bronze HD pack, and keep the 622, Cinemax deal and external drive?

My bill is running about $77 a month after tax. Figure I can get it down $20 or so.

$30 for the HD Bronze, $10 for the extra HD pack, and $5 for the DVR. Don't care about locals.

You can get any programming package you want. Will not affect the 622 or Cinemax. Just be sure Bronze has the channels you want.

If you don't buy the locals, then your 622 won't get guide data for your OTA locals -- I know it's stupid since that info is actually available OTA.

Yeah I don't much care for the locals, and they aren't available in HD (and where I am, can't get them by antenna).

Wish there was a way to do all this online, would be a lot easier...

Yeah I don't much care for the locals, and they aren't available in HD (and where I am, can't get them by antenna).

Wish there was a way to do all this online, would be a lot easier...
You should be able to if you have set up your account.

slick, didn't know you could do it online. I thought I had tried in the past and you could only downgrade over the phone. Either I was wrong, or they changed it.

I did it yesterday and worked well.

Thanks folks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)