Have brake up on 4 hd channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Need them to come back out and re-aim the dish. Sounds like 129 is not peaked.

I'm guessing they installed a D1000.

Actually I spoke with Advanced Tech Support last night about this exact issue. I too have the Dish 1000. The pixelation is due to a problem with the MPEG-4 processing. He said the programmers are currently working on a solution. He said a simple test to take to see if you have an allignment issue or the processing issue is to go to one of those channels that pixelates, hit pause on the DVR for atleast 4 seconds then hit play. If the program plays fine from there it is the processing issue, if it does not, most likely an allignment issue.

~Josh

beatboy77 said:
Actually I spoke with Advanced Tech Support last night about this exact issue. I too have the Dish 1000. The pixelation is due to a problem with the MPEG-4 processing. He said the programmers are currently working on a solution. He said a simple test to take to see if you have an allignment issue or the processing issue is to go to one of those channels that pixelates, hit pause on the DVR for atleast 4 seconds then hit play. If the program plays fine from there it is the processing issue, if it does not, most likely an allignment issue.

~Josh

Voom and HGTVHD aren't in MPEG4...they might be flagged for VIP receivers only but they aren't MPEG4.

I also just had a Dish 1000 installed, this past Thursday, and I am having problems on a few Voom channels and HGHD. When it was installed 129 had a 95 signal, today it's a 47 at best. Frustrating as hell. I gotta try that pause live tv trick to see if it's a receiver issue or pointing issue. I am leaning toward pointing at this point. Glad to hear I am not the only one!!!

im only having problems on the new hd channels and my signal is 87. The channels break up, then go black, then come back in a minute or so, this hhappens every 15-20 minutes.

I've had the same problem on the West Coast after I had a Dish 1000 installed - although primarily on my HD locals. Tech came out on Saturday and repeaked for 129, and it seems better - although not perfect). Signal on 129 was generally below 50 before, now it's up around 60. The tech said that's about as "good as it gets".

By the way, after he repeaked the Dish, he came in the house and told me my signal on 129 was good and I was "all set". Knowing that the Dish 1000 looks at 3 sats, I asked how much I was sacrificing signal on the other sats after the adjustment. He said that there was "no sacrifice". When he looked the signal on 100 was below 50! A couple more tries and 110 and 119 are strong, and 129 (at least for now) is acceptable.

Good luck with the fix.

CB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)