Have Dish500, but programming says need another dish?

tipkid

Original poster
May 29, 2004
Newbie here,

Some of my channels do not come through on 110 or 119, I get a notification that I need another dish. Can someone explain? Can I actually run two dishes, I only have one SW44?

Thanks

Apparently, you've got some locals out on the wings somewhere. 61.5, 105, 121, or 148. You don't say where you are, so it's impossible to say which bird is needed.
This site might help: http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

Or, of course, you could call the number in the notice. Bet it's 1800-333-3474. :)

Thanks Simon,
I am in the Dallas area and I would like to get some of the channels but they are always blacked out, especially sporting events...Don't understand E*7, E*8.

E*7 is Echostar-7 satellite @ 119 degrees west. E*8 is @ 110, and that's where most of the Dallas locals are.

The chart I referenced shows only 2 stations on the bird at 148. If you want them, contact Dish. They should come out and install the 2nd dish and any necessary switch for free. You should probably have them install it for you even if you don't want the channels - the equipment can be useful. :)

The appropriate hardware resolution for a 3rd satellite with 3+ receivers is a SW64, they are junk. =)

Dont let the tech put the switch on the roof.

ViROID said:
The appropriate hardware resolution for a 3rd satellite with 3+ receivers is a SW64, they are junk. =)

Dont let the tech put the switch on the roof.
I agree. The SW64 switches fail. My first one was mounted on the roof by
the tech with "this side up" facing down.
When I got a replacement SW64 I mounted it properly under the eaves and out of the sun and weather. Never trusted it though so converted everything to DP technology. No failures yet with the DishPro stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts