have new 722 want to record off dvr to dvd recorder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

warclubs

Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Please help me figure out to record programs off the 722 to an dvd recorder. I need to know what the tv, dvd recorder is to be set at(channel). I did get the menu from the dvd recorder on the screen, but to record, I had to change the channel? Confused on to what to do next. Please need a diagram on the hook up and how to proceed to record from the 722.:D

Check your DVD Recorder manual.
With my Panasonic, I use S-video with audio cables from DVR to DVDR and record from an 'external device' just like with my analog tape camcorder.

fred

connect s video out on DVR to s video in on DVR recorder. Connect audio out on DVR to audio in on dvd recorder. That takes care of the recording part. Then:
connect component/or HDMI/ or regular video (yellow) OUT on the DVD recorder to the TV. Lastly, connect audio out on dvd recorder to audio out on TV (or receiverf if you have home theatre.

Now it works. NOW change the source on the TV to reflect watching the DVD recroder. You will see on the screen the feed coming from the dish DVR and you can change channels, etc. Then hit record on the DVD recorder and you will record.

Thanks JEFF5656, I got the DVD recorder working. Thanks for the easy to understand directions.