have ?'s about dvr functionality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abel_llamas

Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Since moving to R10 DVRs I have noticed some differences and I was wondering if this is normal:

1. Navigating through guide is less responsive. moving to a differnt time for a specific channel or even moving to other station listings takes alot longer.

2. Guide no longer informs me date of original showing. I always used this feature as a way to indicate wheter the show in question is a rerun or not.

so is this normal? I've asked directv but the individual had no idea what i meant, and when he told me that there was no way i could switch to the different tuner from the guide, I knew he was not well versed on this system.

As for your first question, I don't know what to tell you. The R-10 is supposedly the fastest of the current Directivo's. You can still see the original air date for a show but not in the program guide. You have to actually record the program and you can then see it by pressing info while playing it back or by going in the Now playing list.

There's a thread over on the TIVO forum about this. it seems that about 5 or 6 days after the R10 is first set up, it becomes very slow.
Apparently the way to correct it is to do a reboot, then it's OK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)