have some questions before ordering the dish

marcin872

Original poster
Nov 5, 2005
hi i just cancelled my comcast digital cable because i was very unhappy with there service and am looking to get dish network. The package is want to get it the americas top 120 pack. I was wondering in this package i get all the fsn sports channels right. The only one i want it fsn arizona because i want to watch the phoenix suns play. Another question is it says 4 free recievers but i only need 2 of them. Do i have to pay 5 dollars a month for the second one or is it free. If i orfer from dish network do i have to pay for installation or is that free. How is the picture quality on dish is it better than comcast

Well let me take your questions point by point:

1) You get all of the FSN Networks for your region. Whether you get FSN Arizona depends upon whether or not you are in their area.

2) Well last time I saw the ads it said four free rooms. You do not need a second one as you can get either a 322 or a 625 (DVR) to handle both rooms. Just make sure you have a phone jack available for it to plug in to so you won't get charged a fee for it. Basically the AT120 with locals with a DVR would be $47.97 as long as the phone line is plugged into the receiver.

3) Picture quality is subjective. Personally in my area (Denver, CO) the picture quality on Dish is better than Comcast. Some people report the picture is better on cable in there area, some report it is the same and others report worse.

4) Insofar as paying for installation you do have to pay $49.99 (for activation) up front but you do get that back as a credit if you commit to 18 months.

then why on the website where u go compare packages there is a x in front of all the foxsports channels. Im from nj so does this mean i will only get one sport channel. Also i dont get what u mean by plugging in to a phone jack and isnt a dvr for recording because i dont want that really because its a extra 5 a month. I dont have a phone jack in my living room or in my room.

Why the website has an X in front of all the FSN sport packages I have no idea. Are you talking about www.dishnetwork.com ? I'll take a look myself in a few moments to see myself but I don't remember it being that way. The only way you could watch the Phoenix Suns games would be to purchase NBA League Pass. There is a multi sports package available for an extra $5.99 a month that gives you all the regional sports networks but the vast majority of the games will be blacked out. Insofar as the phone line it doesn't have anything to do with DVR functionality. It's there for PPVs and for the dual tuners it is required to be plugged in or you pay an extra $4.99 a month. You could do a pair of single tuner units but then you'd end up paying the same amount per month. If you don't have a phone line in either room you could get a wireless modem jack and use that instead.

EDIT: Went to the site and looked myself. I don't know why they have them all checked but my guess would be because they have no way of knowing which regional sports networks you qualify for until you put in your address information.

Marcin, the Suns games will more then likely be blacked out as they are shown on the NBS Season Pass. My brother-in-law has the DVR (522) and usually just records the games that he wants to watch late at night or early morning when they are replayed and watches them the next day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)