Have to enter a code every time i watch hbo

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
I just got hbo. However when i want to watch something i have to enter my 4 digit lock code. This is on one of my joeys. When i set this thing up i dont remember locking permium channels, only hiding the adult channels. I dont have this issue on my hopper or other joey.

What could it be?

You have some kind of lock going on, be it PPV, premium, adult, or even rating. Go into locks and see what you have going on....

I just got hbo. However when i want to watch something i have to enter my 4 digit lock code. This is on one of my joeys. When i set this thing up i dont remember locking permium channels, only hiding the adult channels. I dont have this issue on my hopper or other joey.

What could it be?

As Bobby mentioned, it sounds like a lock of some sort is setup on the receiver.

The locks are setup independently on each unit, so the Hopper and Joey won't share locks unless you tell it to copy them over. To access the locks menu, go to Menu > Settings > Parental Controls on the Joey. Enter the code if you know it, and verify the settings.

If you don't know the code, or you have additional problems with the locks, send me a PM with the account #. I will see what can be done!

smjbh5 said:
All i wanted to do is hide the adult channels. So that will lock all my premium channels?

No but when you turn on locks it turns on afew of the other lock settings that you will need to run back off. Example is NR will be locked. So check all of the various locks.

Sent from my DROIDX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)