have to hit "back" button twice to go back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbyrd4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
St. George, SC
I am having to hit the back button twice every time I want to go back. When I put the title in the title box a similar thread came up http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelliteguys-operations-center/2656-back-button-not-working-right.html In that thread mkm4 said "If you choose one of the settings that "synchronize with your computer time," then it happens." I looked at the settings in my profile and the only time setting is for EST, it doesn't say anything about synchronizing with my computer. This just started yesterday, and it only does it on the SatelliteGuys site.

I am running IE8 on a Windows 7 PC.

Try clearing your cache sounds like something is corrupt in the cache. Once you have cleared the cache reboot your machine and you should be good to go again. :)

The new software seems to have an issue with IE8 (perhaps other browsers but I just use IE8). The history gets messed up and the wrong back page is loaded when one hits back. I assume it is part of the instant update of the forum (before you had to refresh the page to see changes, now when you go back the page updates immediately).

There is a setting in the vBulletin software that is marked...

Disable IE8 Compatibility Mode
The IE7 compatibility mode of Internet Explorer 8 can be disabled with this option. This will force the IE8 browser to render all pages in IE8 mode.

Currently it is set to NO, I have searched and can not find any info on what it really does. If you guys would like I can set it to yes and see if that makes a difference.

I am on IE9 which is an entire new ball of wax and has its own issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)