Have you ever hired an independent installer?

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Have you ever hired a local independent satellite technician for anything?

Obviously Dish has their own team of trained professionals, but over the years I've actually had Dish Network contact me directly (as an independent technician) a few times to do things for them that their own installers could not.

If you have contacted a local satellite installer, why?

I have, and didn't pull the trigger. Costs to great, for me. I still have a relationship with the vendor, however, just in case.

Reactions: ZandarKoad
Low cost was my reason. I was trying to get my late mother's receiver to "see" 61.5 for Sky Angel (remember them?), and couldn't find 61.5 to save my life. I was using a 4900. It turns out Dish had put 8PSK on a number of low numbered transponders, and those (of course) were the ones I was trying to use to find that darn sat. An independent contractor had the dish peaked in about 5 minutes.

Reactions: Tampa8
How's that work?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I already had 119/110/118 from the early days but when my locals in HD were only on the EA (And couldn't see 129 either) I had to get the EA in Ct. DISH wouldn't install the EA and leave the WA also active with a DP44 switch. This even though I had the Distants only found on the WA. If I had their installer come out it is possible he would have understood why I needed both ARCs but SURPRISE the CSR did not.
So we kept the WA dish, added a second EA dish, made 119, 110 switchable so I could pick which one is scanned with a check switch, added 118. Then added in the EA minus 77. I had my locals in SD off the WA, and backup if the EA went down or had snow on the dish and had most of programming off of the EA. (Virtually no snow snow build up on WA ever)
Consistently USA, HBO E and few others were always from the WA with everything else from the EA. Still had my Distants and International programming.

Not even sure how to get in contact with one. Other than "Cellular Connections", there's only (1) "authorized retailer" for Dish near me and looking at their website, they don't mention anything about having their own technicians/installers. They just mention "Professional installation". Also, on their job openings page, no listings for installers (just means they don't need any at the moment, of course).

The authorized retailer I used back in 2011 to upgrade my system to HD is no longer in business. I don't know of any more (good ones) in my area.

Yep, as I suspected, nothing anywhere near the city, closest is 80 miles away.

Which city are you in?

Most satellite installers have a coverage area of 75 miles or so (it varies). But at 80 miles, I don't think the trip fee would be that bad - but it all depends.

*COUGH* lookatmysignaturewebuiltawebsitethatlistsalmosteveryindependentinstallerinthenation *COUGH*
Two installers show up for me and neither, by any means, are what would be considered "local". One is 76 miles away (has the name "Sadoun" from Columbus - likely a familiar name around this site) and the other is 84 miles away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)