Have you ever received any consessions from Echostar?

Have you ever received a concession from Echostar?

• Nope

Votes: 51 37.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 26.8%
  • D'oh! Only a stupid pay per view coupon!

Votes: 50 36.2%

• Total voters
Not yet but in April i will get the chance to give dish my 942 and give them 299 more dollars and at a later time they will give me 200 back on my bill i am sure. Also i don't have to worry about owning the 942 anymore i can LEASE a 622 and pay for insurance because i still will be responsible for it as if i own it!!:rolleyes:

I received a $13.50 credit when I was illegally taxed for $250 942 lease fee, a $25 credit for something I no longer recall, a 2nd DP-34 switch when I purchased a 942, a $10 credit for the Lifetime debacle, a $10 credit for VOOM-Lite, a $64.02 credit when returning a 942 (based on Tech/Charlie Chat information) in addition to free HBO/MAX for 3 months, and received a "fee" waiver for life in exchange for not disclosing the details of the waiver. Bottom line: if you don't complain you won't be heard and if you never ask you will never receive.

I got a free 510 in return for a 2 year contract (which was up this month). It also included free install, because I have some legacy equipment that required some different switches. I don't think it was any real secret they were offering this to longtime, high dollar customers. Also, they gave me three free months of Showtime, out of the blue. I got a post card from them one day that said I was a valued customer and they were going to turn on Showtime for me for three months free on xxx date. It came on when they said and it turned itself off after three months. It wasn't one of those scams where you forget to call to have it turned off so they get to charge you. Plus, I've gotten the free PPV coupons, several times in the mail. We've actually gotten enough to completely cover all the PPV's we've watched. We just keep misplacing the coupons so we end up paying for the movies.

I have been a AEP customer since 1996 and received a free pay per view coupon in my bill. I forgot to send it in before the expiration date and they would not honor the coupon.:rolleyes:

riffjim4069 said:
.... received a "fee" waiver for life in exchange for not disclosing the details of the waiver. Bottom line: if you don't complain you won't be heard and if you never ask you will never receive.

That sounds great, like you really figured a way to stick it to them! We would all enjoy hearing what you did, but we know that is not in your best interest.

I think you have the right advice here for everyone if they didn't notice.

What I have learned is that there are hidden deals that can be made. But if you don't know they exist, you can't easily negociate. The point of this thread is to figure out what is out there and exists and is hidden.

Thanks for your insight riffjim4069.

rcbridge said:
I have downgraded a few times and the fee was waived and I receive the old HD package for $5.

Do you receive the old HD Pack for $5 for a limited time, or indefinitely?

Recently upgraded to Dish 1000 for free. Installation included.

Got a 508 for $149 (free shipping, and install if I had wanted the latter) when they were selling for $300+. No monthly fee.

Still get a warranty and the superstations at the old price.

A few years ago let me renew AT180, in Jan., for a full year at old rate (plus the free month of course) when I found it was going up on Feb. 1 even though I had already paid my Jan. to Feb. bill, then on a monthly basis.

They kept trying on their own until they got me a waiver for ABC
May be other I have forgotten in the 6 years plus with Dish
If you are a good customer and pay your bill on time, there are deals.

Last edited:
2 years ago I called to disc. I told them that I never had been given anything for free. I had never been given a free install receiver, etc...and I was going to sell my 721 on Ebay and go to DTV for the dual tuner TIVO.

They offered me a 501. I took it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)