Have you Received a ViP622?

Have you received your ViP622 that was ordered on 2/1?

• Yes

Votes: 78 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 21.1%
  • Didn't Order One on 2/1

Votes: 87 41.6%

• Total voters
That's why I coughed up the extra 49.95 so that I wasn't handcuffed to the 18mo commitment. HD LIL's are coming very soon (Minneapolis). Roof antenna is handling them quite well except for the lack of program info on the guide.

Ordered 2-1, and it arrived at my door today 2-16. Might try install myself like gpflepsen but I SCARED! Install date is not untill 2-22. I currently have superdish, but was told I need the 1000. Think I'll wait.

Last edited:
psumattDE said:
Apparently from the looks of it only people that ordered on 2/1 have received their 622's.

I ordered on 2/3 and don't even have a ship date yet.

I ordered on 2/3 and got mine today!!!!! Now I have to wait til the 25th for install :(

Jason

psumattDE said:
Apparently from the looks of it only people that ordered on 2/1 have received their 622's.

I ordered on 2/3 and don't even have a ship date yet.

I think that is only partly correct. I orderd on 2/1 with an original install date of 2/13 which was then pushed back to 3/14 without any notification to me. I have not yet received my 622 and it has not even shipped yet. I think that if my CSR at the time of ordering had properly padded my install date I would be watching my 622 right now as I don't have any real need for the tech(61.5 for locals and a 500 for 110/119). I sent an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com regarding the no notice and rescheduled date and have a call back in to the gentleman I talked to on Wed because his notes were incorrect on my account. I think that those with install date of 2/21 or 22 are getting theirs and next week we will see those with 2/27 or 28 installs getting theirs.

JamesThurber said:
I think that is only partly correct. I orderd on 2/1 with an original install date of 2/13 which was then pushed back to 3/14 without any notification to me. I have not yet received my 622 and it has not even shipped yet. I think that if my CSR at the time of ordering had properly padded my install date I would be watching my 622 right now as I don't have any real need for the tech(61.5 for locals and a 500 for 110/119). I sent an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com regarding the no notice and rescheduled date and have a call back in to the gentleman I talked to on Wed because his notes were incorrect on my account. I think that those with install date of 2/21 or 22 are getting theirs and next week we will see those with 2/27 or 28 installs getting theirs.

Yes, I ordered mine of 2/1 with an install of 2/28 and have not received it yet. I suspect it will come one day next week.

Ordered mine 2/1 got it today 2/17 want to install it myself but i need the dish 1000 and since i wont be able to activate it until the install date, 2/25 i think ill wait

Ordered mine 2/1, CSR screwed it up - set an install date, but never filled it out properly (no 622 on the work order), and now my install clock is reset to 3/9. They say my box would ship in 7-10 days (from 2/15), so we'll see.....

BobMurdoch said:
Ordered mine 2/1, CSR screwed it up - set an install date, but never filled it out properly (no 622 on the work order), and now my install clock is reset to 3/9. They say my box would ship in 7-10 days (from 2/15), so we'll see.....

I read your posts. Sorry to hear you had so much of a problem. At least your father's order is correct. It made me check with a CSR on Wednesday. She said it has shipped and I will receive it in seven to ten days. It was very difficult to understand her (possible Indian dialect) and I have not been able to verify the UPS tracking number. It doesn't make sense that if it has shipped already that it would take seven to ten days. I am confident that my initial rep did a good job on the 1st. She waited to Dish Corporate opened (8:00 AM our time) and contacted them before completing my order. I held for about fifteen minutes. She was from Virginia and very easy to understand.

This is my first leased equipment from Dish. I own a 301, 311, 811 501 and 921. I am deactivating the 301 and 311. As you probably know I am from Neptune. Does it look like we will get the NY stations in HD? I lease the DVR from Cablevision and local HD. I might drop it. I like the 921 more than I do the Scientific Atlanta 8300. I am going to put the 921 in the bedroom but then I won't get ABC, NBC or Fox HD in there. I think I am going to lease from now on. I eventually will be taking a big hit on the 921. Did you purchase your 921? God knows how long the 622 will last before it is obsolete. We only got two years out of the 921 and after March of 2007 it will not be much good to us (over the air hard to get).

I just recieved an empty box today! What the heck. I opened and it is for a return of a reciever, which I told them NO.

I called CS and they told me that I am getting the Vip622 on 3/4, but that the tech would bring it out. I was told 3 other times that it would also come via UPS. Not sure what is going on here.

I ordered mine on 2/3 with an install date of 2/25 and I received my ViP622 today! Just sucks that I have to wait till 2/25 to have it installed.

:hungry: I ordered mine on 2/1, installation date is 2/21.. didn't get it from UPS, did get a call from installer? E*, confirming my 2/21 installation. Said they were bringing the 622. I asked if the work order said anything about the Dish 1000, they said no but that they would change it. Now it's just wait and see I guess.

I ordered mine on 2/2 and received it yesterday (2/17). I am trying to figure out something, though. I currently have a 510 and get local channels on my DISH 500--how do I know whether I can hook up the 622 and get it working before next weekend's scheduled installation? I live in Benton, AR (near Little Rock), if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Ray S said:
I read your posts. Sorry to hear you had so much of a problem. At least your father's order is correct. It made me check with a CSR on Wednesday. She said it has shipped and I will receive it in seven to ten days. It was very difficult to understand her (possible Indian dialect) and I have not been able to verify the UPS tracking number. It doesn't make sense that if it has shipped already that it would take seven to ten days. I am confident that my initial rep did a good job on the 1st. She waited to Dish Corporate opened (8:00 AM our time) and contacted them before completing my order. I held for about fifteen minutes. She was from Virginia and very easy to understand.

This is my first leased equipment from Dish. I own a 301, 311, 811 501 and 921. I am deactivating the 301 and 311. As you probably know I am from Neptune. Does it look like we will get the NY stations in HD? I lease the DVR from Cablevision and local HD. I might drop it. I like the 921 more than I do the Scientific Atlanta 8300. I am going to put the 921 in the bedroom but then I won't get ABC, NBC or Fox HD in there. I think I am going to lease from now on. I eventually will be taking a big hit on the 921. Did you purchase your 921? God knows how long the 622 will last before it is obsolete. We only got two years out of the 921 and after March of 2007 it will not be much good to us (over the air hard to get).

Thanks for the thoughts...... My father's came in, and his install date is 2/22 in the afternoon. He has to have a switch upgrade and some more wiring pulled, so he has to wait for the pro install. Still no word on my replacement order, but I'm going to call later to see if they have an updated ship date.....

Ordered my 622 on 2/1 with an initial install date of 2/28. Called a few days later to have it moved up to 2/22. The 622 and an empty box arrived via UPS on 2/15. Unpacked the 622 and did most of the hook ups. Waiting for the install tech to change my switches from old style to DPP so that 622 can be hooked up with the line separator (which Dish included), and activate the box.

Ray S said:
Yes, I ordered mine of 2/1 with an install of 2/28 and have not received it yet. I suspect it will come one day next week.

Just received my 622 today. It will be an easy install because it is going to replace my 921 which is going in the bedroom to replace my 501 and 811.

I just don't know whether or not a will get a cooperatives CSR that will activate it before the install date.

Have the 622. Install date 2/23. Current setup. Two dishes, one pointing at 110/119, and the second at 148. With installation of the Dish 1000, does that mean, that I can remove the other two dishes, i.e. is only the one dish required. Thanks

622 - black screen and screeching sound

622 Record Option Confusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)