Have you Received a ViP622?

Have you received your ViP622 that was ordered on 2/1?

• Yes

Votes: 78 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 21.1%
  • Didn't Order One on 2/1

Votes: 87 41.6%

• Total voters

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
Being that 622s are getting distributed and folks want to gloat that they have one :D now...

Did you receive a ViP622?

Ordered mine 2/1 and had an install date of 2/21. UPS dropped it off today, 2/15. I think I'll install it myself now. :D

Hooked it up. Ran check switch. Downloaded the software. Called CSR. Cancelled work order for 2/21. Enabled 622. Works like it should. :)

Here's to a long lived, trouble free 622. If the step from the 921 to the 942 is like the move from the 942 to the 622, I'll be a happy camper.

Good for you!

You need two "didn't order" choices on your poll: plan to in future, not going to.

As for me, will buy one as soon as funds (and wife) permit.

Last edited:
Pepper said:
Good for you!

You need two "didn't order" choices on your poll: plan to in future, not going to.

Well, I thought of this post as a dynamic roll-call of installed 622s. Someone changed the poll options so now all responses will not reflect the number of installed 622s.

Gerry I made the poll more specific, but I changed it to begin with because your choices were silly and didn't really merit a poll

The 2/1 CSR screwed up my order and now I have at least another week or so to wait for mine. Everyone who didn't get one should call up to doublecheck to make sure things were handled properly.....

:hungry: Ordered mine 2/1, haven't got mine yet. Called E* today and the CSR said the installer was bringing it. So she's probably wrong. Hope it shows up today.

Mine is up and running but only on TV1 until the 21st when the installer is supposed to come and put a DP44 up so that I can use both tuners. :)

Don't have mine yet. I was told I would have it 7-10 days back on Feb. 1st. I was also told a Dish 500 would get me all my HD programing. I called to check the status of my shipment and I was told a box was coming. It certainly did, but it was empty. Now I'm being told that the installer will bring it on 2/28 and that no units are being shipped. They are all being brought by the installer. I told the CSR to check the web cause plenty of people w/install dates are getting them. I don't know what to think anymore. One CSR told me I could return my defunct 510 in the empty box now and I was about to do when another CSR told me not to cause "they wouldn't know what to do with it." Then she told me I'd get $25 for returning my 510. I thought it had to be a HD receiver. So I don't think she's right but I figure I'll fight for that. My time has to mean something. God only knows what will show up or what the installer will bring on the 28th.

I'm watching for that big brown UPS truck today!

Edit as of 2/18, 2 am:

My 622 arrived at 3:45 yesterday afternoon. The installation was a breeze, it's now authorized and working great!

See my comments in Scott's thread for my results and reactions.

Larry
SF

Last edited:
AIsmail said:
Don't have mine yet. I was told I would have it 7-10 days back on Feb. 1st. I was also told a Dish 500 would get me all my HD programing. I called to check the status of my shipment and I was told a box was coming. It certainly did, but it was empty. Now I'm being told that the installer will bring it on 2/28 and that no units are being shipped. They are all being brought by the installer. I told the CSR to check the web cause plenty of people w/install dates are getting them. I don't know what to think anymore. One CSR told me I could return my defunct 510 in the empty box now and I was about to do when another CSR told me not to cause "they wouldn't know what to do with it." Then she told me I'd get $25 for returning my 510. I thought it had to be a HD receiver. So I don't think she's right but I figure I'll fight for that. My time has to mean something. God only knows what will show up or what the installer will bring on the 28th.

1. You WILL need a new dish for either 110/119/129 (a Dish 1000) or a second dish for 61.5, depending on your location.... 110/119 does not have all the HD channels....

2. The $25 credit is for returning a receiver you own...... (kinda weird, in that they are requiring the swap in some cases and not in others)

3. They will be shipping the receiver directly to you (just about every receiver so far shipped from them went directly to the customer).......

Got mine installed today. I made an oops when I set up the 622 (wiring, etc) because the installer brought one also and said mine had to be sent back to Dish. According to him, they do not get any compensation if the receiver sent from Dish is installed. These were subcontracted installers. Now you tell me where the money is wasted????? I first thought he said he was taking it back, but then he said to call Dish and they'd set up return shipping. How much money did Dish spend to send out all of these receivers 2nd day air, only to have them returned right back to them. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

Ordered mine 2/1
Was told the installer would bring it on 2/23 (my install date)
It arrived today 2/16 to my surprise.
Still need to wait a week for installer cause I do not have second Sat or switch.

IMHO: 622 Lease deal is crap, new HD channels NOT compelling. Waiting on HD networks (LIL or DNS) and better deal. Will not commit to 18 months with Dish, starting to act way too much like a cable company, fee's out of control...:mad:

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)