Having problem with Web site....

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the spyware/adware issue - I can say that I am pretty certain that my computer(s) have no spyware or adware. I have multiple secuirty programs and hardware watching for that stuff and keep a vigorous watch on it. I have checked that angle actually before I posted because you never know when something like that can crop up.

The reason I'm wondering about it being an advertisement is I have been on some websites in the past that gave problems and it was always due to advertisements causing page errors and such. Usually it was due to an advertisement trying to do more than my software/hardware will allow it to do and that can causes the browser window to lock up.

I wish I could narrow it down more but like the other person said if you use the open in new link/new window the website responds better than in the original window.

Edit - Tried to reword because I wrote this right after a dentist visit so it might of came of more grumpy then intended.

Last edited:
Sorry I wish I had an answer for you, with over 80,000 unique IP addresses visiting the site each day if there was an issue I would be hearing a lot more about it from many of those folks.

I have gone through the system and all is ok on our end, and we have not made any changes to the site in a long time that woudl cause any of these issues.

Again I wish I had something better to tell you, but I don.t :(

Sorry I wish I had an answer for you, with over 80,000 unique IP addresses visiting the site each day if there was an issue I would be hearing a lot more about it from many of those folks.

I have gone through the system and all is ok on our end, and we have not made any changes to the site in a long time that woudl cause any of these issues.

Well Scott, I appreciate your concern, at least I found an alternative way to get around the problem by opening a new browser window for every step I take although I have to open and close windows constantly.....:eek:

I was wondering Scott, how many of those visitors are paid member's?

I would guess that paid member's don't have this problem therefore you won't hear complaints from them because they don't have the same Flash content in their web pages and I would also assume that most non-paid member's/visitor's don't bother to report, so with those deductions, it narrows it down to just a small number of complaints.

Scott thanks for looking into this, I know there's only been a few of us that have reported the issue but you never know if other people are having it. You got the paid members and also alternative browser users (firefox) so maybe it's just a few of us. I'll keep checking on my end and let you know if I discover anything.

One thing I just thought of...

Make sure you have the latest version of the shockwave flash player loaded. Some of the syndicated ads use flash and I have heard reports from others on the same ad network that some users reported this issue and were slowing down because they had an old version of the flash player on the system.

I personally use this site with IE7, Firefox & Safari (Both on the PC and on the Mac) :)

I logged into a test account with Internet explorer 6 and I saw the normal ads , the site was a little bit slower since the ads needed to load, but other than that I had no problems. :confused:

One thing I just thought of...

Make sure you have the latest version of the shockwave flash player loaded. Some of the syndicated ads use flash and I have heard reports from others on the same ad network that some users reported this issue and were slowing down because they had an old version of the flash player on the system.

I personally use this site with IE7, Firefox & Safari (Both on the PC and on the Mac) :)

I checked my Active X and did an update and now it seems to be working much better, I did have a glitch or two when I opened a second browser window but since then it's looking good, time will tell.

Thanks for the tip Scott

I think I might have found something with the privacy settings/activex controls. I noticed I get the eye with the red minuse symbol in my IE browser window at the bottom, I clicked on it and noticed a blocked cookie. I have included the privacy report and what was blocked. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• sgerror.doc
    169.5 KB · Views: 127
The link is an image to:

Does SatelliteGuys have any Amazon ads?

Attachments

• ap-search-logo-126x32.gif
    ap-search-logo-126x32.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 78
If you have trojan horse blocker on your computer, burstnet has ads that will keep trying to get through. Since they get blocked and keep trying, it locks up your computer. The better the blocker, the longer the block as it keeps trying to infest your system. --- That from a daughter's boyfriend who is an IT specializing in virus protection. --- Until I became a pub member, I had to use CCLEANER every few minutes to keep using this site.

If you have trojan horse blocker on your computer, burstnet has ads that will keep trying to get through. Since they get blocked and keep trying, it locks up your computer. The better the blocker, the longer the block as it keeps trying to infest your system. --- That from a daughter's boyfriend who is an IT specializing in virus protection. --- Until I became a pub member, I had to use CCLEANER every few minutes to keep using this site.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say but not as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)