Having trouble getting 82!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Hello,
I have read every thread in here on locating the birds for Bell. I followed the steps and I can get 91 with 80 or so strength, a few trans are at 100. But on 82 the best I am getting are mid 50's. I am located in KY so I should be well within footprint. I bought a signal finder and the signal seems to be very weak coming from 82, or I am just not hitting it. I have my skew set at about 92, my elevation at 47 and using my signal finder for azimuth, I also have a compass and my direction seems to be correct. When I check switch it verifies both birds, but I am using for HD primarily and need stronger signal out of 82. What should I do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike cover your 82 LNB and set up your 91 LNBso your getting 93 or 100% Signal then uncover your 82 LNB you should be in at 75to 85% with it. If this does not work you may have to set skew and elevation on dish. bert zipper

what TP are you using for 82, Mike?

Some are REAL low

I would try 16 if possible...or if you have HD, one of those :)

I find 16 to be a good transponder as well. It tends to be the lowest for both 91 and 82 in my experience. Do not use 11 or one of the other odd number 91 transponders that are sent from N3. You will easily get a high reading on them (they have more power), but still be unpeaked for the others.
I made that mistake and had to go back on the roof to repeak so my wife could see MCTV (she loves news from home) which was on a weaker transponder.

Just had a BEV 6100 HD with SW44 install done yesterday and afterwards noticed that signal strengths on 82 were weak - 65-70% and could not lock on transponder 7,8,11,12,24,29,31. 91 is receiving well - most transponders at 85-95%. Is this a skew alignment issue or is there just nothing on these transponders?

not all TP's on 82 are active...the satellite is crippled so not all 32 TP's are up

I know 29 & 31 are not active

Iceberg....help pls too.

I have a lock on 91, skew at -3, 90%. No 82 at all. I live in Springfield, mo, well within the footprint also.

Can you advise? What are the proper az, tilt, skew to get it all? Also, I am HD.

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Similar problem: Dishpro + 6100 (811)

I've moved from the US to Canada and I cancelled my subscription for Dish Network and bought a 6100 to replace my 811 (same thing only enabled for expressvu) So I have a Dishpro LNB (not the quad) and a dishpro compatible receiver (the 6100) and am using one of the inputs from the Dishpro LNB into the 6100. I readjusted the angles and skew and am getting 100% on 91. (FYI - I also have a totally seperate installation already running ExpressVu.)

The problem is, that I can't get any furthur. If I do a check switch, which I read somewhere "you're not supposed to do", it comes up as showing 91 and x with all the rest x's. Of course I did a check switch because there were really no other options. If I switch to test the strength of 82 it says wrong satellite, but 100% strength. After I run a check switch, by the way, its says all of a sudden that it can see 82 but when I'm on the 91 menu selection, it obviously says this is the wrong sat. I can fix the check switch problem, by removing the sat cable from the receiver and running check switch again, and I'm back to showing 91 good.

The only other menu selection, which I've tried every which way, is to choose cancel, select yes from the dialog box asking me if I have a locked signal. It attempts to download the software for about a minute, no blue bar progress activity occurs, the screen goes black and it appears my receiver is resetting. Then once again the satellite signal meter screen pops up again and I'm back where I started.

So here are the questions?

1) How do I get to the program guide to ascertain whether anything is working out of this endless loop.
2) If I can't do a "check switch" on a Dishpro, how can I get it to start to recognize 82?
3) Is the system lying to me after I do a "check switch" in this case? Remember that it switched to saying it could see 82 instead of 91 after a check switch.

One thought is to use my other installation (I had two dishes on the side of my house, one with coax direct wired into the location I'm now trying to fix) which is running expressvu already and get the receiver through the download problem. Would this do any good?

Thanks in Advance

Are you getting 91 on the right port of the switch? I had set my 6100 up on my front porch (90% on 91 and 65% on 82) just to get the angles correct and when I moved it to the side of the house I could only get 91. The kicker is that the "check switch" program showed that I was getting the 91 satellite on the port that was connected to the 82 LNB. Just want to make sure this is not the problem you are having. I've got my 82 running into port 1 and my 91 running into port 2 and the check switch things I have a great signal for 91 on port 1 with nothing on 82. I'm going to try the front porch again after I get back from a biusiness trip

Just a followup to my previous post. Loose connection from the 82 LNB to the short cable caused me a fair amount of grief. All good to go now with percentages in the low 80s on both birds. I'll tweak more if I need to later, but I'm getting my HD channels quite nicely and that is all I really care about. ;)

I still think the "Check Switch" thing is a tad flakey. I didn't find my real problem until I started checking the birds one at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)