Having trouble with TV2 remote for 625 DVR

gabijohnson

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Oregon
I have a 625 DVR with two tv's hooked up, one in the living room, the other until recently was in the spare room. The second remote (the one in question) is a 6.4 IR/UHF Pro. We decided to move the second tv to the garage along with our exercise machine. When TV2 was in the house, the remote worked just fine, but now that it is in the garage, it's very hit and miss, more miss than hit. I called Dish, asked about the range of the remote, they said up to 100ft, she went thru several things and it appeared to be working quite well when we got done. I went to use it this morning, and again, not working well, at all. I called Dish again this morning, was again told 100 ft and that something must be wrong with the remote and that they could send me a new one for $15. Not satisfied with the answer, I went to the net and found this site. I did see this question addressed, but am unable to find that thread now, so I'm asking again. I saw a couple of different options, one was to make a "booster" of sorts for the antennae, not bad, but I liked the other option better I think. It said to just add the UHF remote antennae near the second TV. My question is, what is the best way to accomplish this. All input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Here's my suggestion:

I would recommend getting two splitters, two short coax cables, and one short, or medium length coax cable, depending on what you want.

Here's what you do: Remove your UHF antenna from the back of the 625. Remove the coax form your TV2 out jack. Attach a short coax cable to your Ant. In jack, and another to your TV2 out jack. Attach these cables to the splitter's "outputs." Now attach the "input" of the splitter to your cable going to TV2. It will either be a cable by itself, or a cable going to a diplexer, hooked to the diplexer's "TV2" jack.

Now, on the other end, where TV2 is, remove the coax from the back of the TV. Hook the coax to your other splitter's "input" jack. Hook the antenna you removed from your DVR 625 to one of the splitter's "output" jacks. Now, take your remaining coax cable (might want it to be longer, might not, doesn't really matter) and hook it to the other output jack on the splitter. Now hook the other end of the cable to your TV.

Now you should have no UHF Pro reception issues.

More info:

TV2 Tips & Tricks (Solution 3)

Awesome, thanks! I think that's pretty much what I had in mind, from the post I read earlier. I'll dig up some supplies and test it out tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help!

It worked, thank yo so much for your help, truly appreciated, now we can catch up on TV without being couch potatoes! =) Thanks again!

Will splitters work for your solution, or are splitter/combiners needed? Also, are there any specific specs needed for the splitters (or splitter/combiners?)

Splitters and combiners are the same thing. Any standard 5-900MHz splitter will work.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts