HBO and Showtime free preview

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hi saw this on the dish site when I logged in. It's at the very bottem of the "my account" page.

Tune in to America's hottest premium movie channels, HBO and SHOWTIME December 2nd-5th for a FREE PREVIEW weekend! You will want to upgrade once you watch up to 18 channels of hot Hollywood hits, award winning original series, and special l ive events- FREE!

Just thought I share it with you

Thanks for the heads up! I dont know why they would keep doing this in the age of the DVR. We can record all of their movies over a weekend!

C1787GJ said:
I want a credit for those days its free, why should i have to pay if its free :p :D

I have always agreed with this! Usually they do it 2 to 4 times a year, so thats like one month free a year for a subscriber.

neat!!! I was this close to subscribing...might as well DVR some freebies beforehand!!!

C1787GJ said:
I want a credit for those days its free, why should i have to pay if its free :p :D

Yes, I agree with you. But even more annoying is the"subscribe now" messages on the screen during the programs. They should have all free previews, messages and all, on separate channels and stop annoying their subscribed customers!

BTW, does the preview include HD?

That's what the DVR is good for. DVR all you can while its free and it will last you a while (probably not nearly long enough until the next freebie comes along).

You can get $50 back when you order HBO and SHOWTIME by Jan. 31st. Go to www.dishnetwork.com/hboshow50 for details.

C1787GJ said:

I have all those channels and I agree, I'd like some kind of credit or something for when they have these free previews. They have these special offers and free previews and us "whales" can't get any discounts on this stuff because we already have it. :)

long_time_DNC said:
I have all those channels and I agree, I'd like some kind of credit or something for when they have these free previews. They have these special offers and free previews and us "whales" can't get any discounts on this stuff because we already have it. :)

If more people ask for credits, they'll get rid of free previews altogether! Thanks, guys!

I have no problem with that, I get all the channels LOL. J/K I remember back in the day i would be scrolling though the channels and see stars is open. Then I remember how it woudn't go away for 3 weeks after the free preview (that was grat)

Look at it this way, it is better for some to have a free preview than for them to not get it at all. A few days of free movies aint going to hurt anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)