HBO/Cinemax/Showtimes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Doesn't Dish have the entire HBO tier in HD with the exception of HBO2 West? As for Cinemax and Showtime, I know that there are some updates to be made, especially with, ThrillerMax, @Max, WMax, and OuterMax missing. That's half the tier.

I can see the Ops point.It would be nice if all the premiums were in hd.Such as Sho beyond.

All in HD yes. More channels though I'm not sure unless they will somehow show movies we don't eventually get several times a month now....

I know some are west feeds etc. but its nice to set one to record if your browsing the guide and see a movie half way through you wanted to watch its easy to go to west feed and set it to record. I remember when Dish used to kill D* in HD premium movie channels now it seems they are behind.

Yea I don't mean add more movie channels Dish has a great selection as it stands now.Just turn the existing ones on in HD.It's funny they still haven't updated the channel packages for the premiums on their site.They still list hbo2w shobeyond,shoex,tmc,tmcw,moremax,all in HD when clearly they aren't.

I know some are west feeds etc. but its nice to set one to record if your browsing the guide and see a movie half way through you wanted to watch its easy to go to west feed and set it to record. I remember when Dish used to kill D* in HD premium movie channels now it seems they are behind.

It's hard to see how Dish is behind Directv when D doesn't even offer any of the Epix channels or Retroplex/Indieplex in HD, or SD.

StonesCat said:
It's hard to see how Dish is behind Directv when D doesn't even offer any of the Epix channels or Retroplex/Indieplex in HD, or SD.

Part of what you are saying will change soon. DirecTV will soon offer MoviePlex, IndiePlex, and RetroPlex as per a new agreement with Starz. However, we cannot be sure how soon this will take place as well as what package or premium add-on these will be in. I am surprised Dish has had the channels before DirecTV as I thought DirecTv had more stake in it with Liberty Media.

DirecTv had a press release years well before they added all the new premiums of HBO and Cinemax. Not too long ago Dish was well above DirecTv in premium movie channels. However, DirecTV has been inching its way in this area.

DirecTV has said that they will not carry Epix. Who knows if DirecTV will change their mind?

I still find Dish to be cheaper and having an array of different movie channels right now. I will admit that the Cinemax tier is lacking. Not that long DirecTV had 3 Cinemax channels when Dish had 5. However, DirecTv added quite a few Ciemax channels not that long ago.

Also, at one time, DirecTv did not have a base package with the Encore themed channels when Dish did, but now, they do.

So, I think Dish needs to keep a watchful eye on its competition as DirecTV seems to be doing. I think that is smart in pretty much any business, though.

I should also add that the premiums have been airing the same movies over and over. I think they should make room for the other themed channels if needed by getting rid of the many west feeds.

I should also add that the premiums have been airing the same movies over and over. I think they should make room for the other themed channels if needed by getting rid of the many west feeds.

Get rid of the Western Feeds? People on the west coast would be watching the prime time movie at 5 or 6PM..... And I would lose the ability to record that movie later when other timers aren't being used.... I wouldn't want to lose the Western feeds...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts