HBO for $10 is back and Showtime is 1/2 off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
So a few months ago I saw all the promotions for HBO for $10 a month but I didn't bite.

Then a friend let my borrow his Game of Thrones DVDs.

I watched all 4 seasons and wanted to watch the 5th. You can only watch it on HBO.

So...I log into my Dish account to see if maybe the $10 a month offer will be in "My Offers".

It wasn't.

Next I just signed up for the 30 free trial of HBO Now. (it's like Netflix but only HBO)

Today I get an email about Showtime for 1/2 price - $7.50 a month. I log into my Dish account today and I get a popup offering HBO for $10 a month. It wasn't in "My Offers". Just a pop up.

I took it.

I didn't however get Showtime for $7.50......yet.

That's all. Just passing it along.

I thought it was weird that the offer popped up after I searched for HBO on my Dish account. But thanks Dish! I'll take it!

The $10 deal never went away, to my knowledge. Been showing up for at least a couple of months when I log in.

When you say "showing up"

Where is it showing up?

In your offers? or somewhere else?

The popup I got was the first time I've seen it...

I got on the CS chat and just asked for $10 HBO. I was paying $19 and they made the change for me in less than 2 minutes.
Same here - I saw a thread about the $10 HBO and chatted with Dish and got the price reduction without questions. We have had HBO for a couple of years now and didn't hear about the lower price until asking.
Our Roku now offers HBO Now (I think they call it that) for around $15 so that is probably the reason Dish offered the lower price.
Any word on the Showtime channel - is it like HBO with the online programs available? Just might take the free month and catch up on Homeland - again it is on my Roku so good to have some price competition there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)