HBO is BACK on DISH (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
If I already have HBO Max through AT&T, does that get me anywhere with Dish's HBO programming?
No, but if you cancel your HBOMax through AT&T and then sub to Dish's HBO package you get HBOMax as well. I had my HBOMax through Apple, cancelled it and subbed with Dish. I now get Dish's linear channels as well as HBOMax. The price was exactly the same...

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
But we get HBOMAX at no additional charge for having the AT&T Wireless Ultimate package, for me @ $35 per line for 5 lines

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
On second thought, I've had HBOMAX free from AT&T since December and I haven't used it yet, so... I haven't ever subscribed to HBO and I won't now.

ethanlerma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 1, 2021
Texas
In theory, once Dish launches a HBOMax app (which they probably will) you should be able to log into it and use your sub there, just no linear channels

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
In theory, once Dish launches a HBOMax app (which they probably will) you should be able to log into it and use your sub there, just no linear channels
Other than the portion of the Dish subscriber base that does not have internet access fast enough to stream… there will be linear channels for quite a while.

ethanlerma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 1, 2021
Texas
Other than the portion of the Dish subscriber base that does not have internet access fast enough to stream… there will be linear channels for quite a while.
Oh no, what I mean is the people getting HBO elsewhere (like the guys getting it free from ATT) will still in theory be able to use there sub on Dish receivers, sort of

Reactions: charlesrshell

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Oh no, what I mean is the people getting HBO elsewhere (like the guys getting it free from ATT) will still in theory be able to use there sub on Dish receivers, sort of
Those folks are probably already getting their HBOMax from a Roku, Firestick, ATV, Chromecast, or somewhat. They have no need for a Hopper app and quite frankly the way that the Netflix and Amazon apps on the Hopper work I would recommend that folks get one of the other streaming devices anyway...

Howard Simmons

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
Northwest Florida
Those folks are probably already getting their HBOMax from a Roku, Firestick, ATV, Chromecast, or somewhat. They have no need for a Hopper app and quite frankly the way that the Netflix and Amazon apps on the Hopper work I would recommend that folks get one of the other streaming devices anyway...
bow down adam levine GIF by The Voice

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts