HBO is BACK on DISH

Having a bit of a problem. Have HBO Max and it renews on the 11th so I went ahead and cancelled and it says it is still good until the 11th. Went on my Dish account and when I follow the link for the $12 offer that everyone has posted it takes me to my programming page and when I select premium HBO is unchecked but if I check it to add it it says $15.

Am I missing something? Rather get this right from the start then having to deal with them for the adjustment.

When you log in to your Dish account, go to my programming > offers. It'll be listed there.

I already redeemed it so it's no longer offered on my account.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 110318.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hmmm..I don't have that. Last thing across the top is Midnight Lounge. Not sure why I wouldn't be included. Long time customer with excellent payment history. Guess I'll have to call/chat.

Thanks anyway!

Does HBO always have the black bars at the bottom and the top of the screen for their movies? I don't remember them on all the movies in the past. Compare that to the Encore HD channels where the movie fills up the whole screen.

Does HBO always have the black bars at the bottom and the top of the screen for their movies? I don't remember them on all the movies in the past. Compare that to the Encore HD channels where the movie fills up the whole screen.
Black bars at top and bottom indicate the movie is being shown in its original aspect ratio without cutting the sides off to fit the 16X9 frame of 1080i or 1080p or 720p.

Isn't it wonderful?

Speaking of this...before my DMP sub ran out I DVRed Pulp Fiction and, of course, it was zoomed in and a few weeks back I caught it on HDNet Movies who showed it letterboxed...what a difference! You just don't realize how much of the filmmaker's vision/view is ruined by zooming in/pan and scan. Aspect ratios exist for a reason and it's not like everyone has a max CRT of 25" anymore; that inch of black at the top and bottom can certainly be afforded by one's big screen.

• Wow
Reactions: davideo and joegr
There was a time a few years back when a couple of TV manufacturers were offering what they called: Cinema wide TV. Instead of the now standard 16x9 ratio it had 20x9 which would have been great for movie viewing. I thought that was interesting but it never gained much popularity and faded away.

There was a time a few years back when a couple of TV manufacturers were offering what they called: Cinema wide TV. Instead of the now standard 16x9 ratio it had 20x9 which would have been great for movie viewing. I thought that was interesting but it never gained much popularity and faded away.
I suppose one of the reasons it wasn't welcomed with open arms is that, for most TV, you would have black bars left and right. The only time it would be beneficial was when you were watching wide screen movies. There is no way they were going to try to transition all TV to cinema widescreen.

Just my luck I singed up on my phone and the next day I noticed HBO was back on dish.. I guess my bill is going up lol. I assume if you had HBO before they removed it they added it back to your account when it returned?
The HD looked really good last night. I am at the lake cabin and only on a 32" tv but it still looked really good.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just my luck I singed up on my phone and the next day I noticed HBO was back on dish.. I guess my bill is going up lol. I assume if you had HBO before they removed it they added it back to your account when it returned?
The HD looked really good last night. I am at the lake cabin and only on a 32" tv but it still looked really good.
HBO channels are preview right now.

HBO is in preview right now on DISH. If you want it past the preview you will have to re sub to it. It is not part of the AEP.

Search with text won’t bring up HBO shows to record or watch On Demand, but voice search will! Including recent series and episodes!

View attachment 152827
View attachment 152828

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been with Dish for a couple years now, and have been thoroughly disappointed with Dish's search (or complete lack thereof) and it's ability to refuse to record things! I probably have 30 different timers set to try to record Nascar, Indycar, Supercross, and Motocross races, and invariably I will come in and turn on the TV to watch a race and it's NOT being recorded!!! I have a timer set to seek and record all, including repeats. That refuses, so I set another one to record series on each channel that it might be on, including repeats. Dish recording is just horrible, and almost enough to send me back to Direct!

As if the AEP package didn't already need to be renamed, now it really needs to be renamed if it doesn't even include all of the available movie packages anymore.
Absolutely! Doesn't "Everything" mean *everything* anymore? You'd think paying $170/mo for television I wouldn't have to *also* subscribe to NBCsports Trackpass, Peacock, dirtvision, floracing and every other spinoff from MAVtv that Dish won't carry!

Reactions: edisonprime
Absolutely! Doesn't "Everything" mean *everything* anymore? You'd think paying $170/mo for television I wouldn't have to *also* subscribe to NBCsports Trackpass, Peacock, dirtvision, floracing and every other spinoff from MAVtv that Dish won't carry!

"Everything Pack" really hearkens back to an earlier time in pay televisions...iirc a caller into an early Charlie Chat suggested the name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts