HBO May Mandate Bitrate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is 8 Mbps enough ??????
HBO has a big advantage that should make this work. With the possible exception of live programming, they have as long as they need to compress the daylights out of the stream. Delivery agents like DBS and CATV are forced to do this in real time.

Is 8 Mbps enough ??????

Jimbo

IIRC, when Dish started with the mpeg4 encoding, they had better pq using bitrates around 8 mbps than with mpeg2 and 16 mbps. My numbers may be as far off as my memory, but the pq was there with low bitrates.

IIRC, when Dish started with the mpeg4 encoding, they had better pq using bitrates around 8 mbps than with mpeg2 and 16 mbps. My numbers may be as far off as my memory, but the pq was there with low bitrates.

Now that you mentioned it, I think I remember that floating around ...
I think I was thinking of 8 mbbs in mpeg 2 instead of thinking mpeg4, in mpeg 4 it may very well be an awesome picture ..... thus allowing D* the room to add the new HD channels, inprove the existing HD channels and also improve thier SD channels, just thinking out load, are you listening D* ????

Jimbo

Would be better avoid the noise and find real numbers. I would bet you're wrong with the whole idea of better PQ with low bandwidth. Regardless of good or bad memory ;).

Would be better avoid the noise and find real numbers. I would bet you're wrong with the whole idea of better PQ with low bandwidth. Regardless of good or bad memory ;).

You are more than welcome to search the Dish forum and look for me! Like I said, I am going on memory, so I may not be very accurate, but it went something like that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)