HBO & Showtime Offer

PopcornNMore

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Anyone try to get HBO and Showtime free for 6 months by giving only an email address like we have in the past?

O

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
Anyone try to get HBO and Showtime free for 6 months by giving only an email address like we have in the past?

Yeah, several posters, including me, have tried to no avail. They said it was because I had HBO/Starz free a year ago--even the website stated you couldn't have had a free promotion in the last 6 months. :rolleyes:That was a few weeks back and I don't think it even says that anymore. It was actually OVER a year ago that I had the HBO/Starz deal. BTW, the offer is/was for THREE months. Good luck!

Ed

ashutto20

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 6, 2008
United States
As always you have to play csr roulette...tried on live chat on 2/5 and was told no go cuz of hbo/starz...called dish later that night and got hbo/showtime free for 3 months...really just care about hbo but my wife jessica biels movie powder blue is on showtime...good luck to everyone trying to get the offer

S

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 12, 2007
I will take Starz instead. Better movies, better studios. Showtime...limited movies and it take over a year from the DVD date to get on Showtime when HBO/Cinemax/Starz airs them within 6 months.

Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 23, 2007
As always you have to play csr roulette...tried on live chat on 2/5 and was told no go cuz of hbo/starz...called dish later that night and got hbo/showtime free for 3 months...really just care about hbo but my wife jessica biels movie powder blue is on showtime...good luck to everyone trying to get the offer

I just tried this offer and got denied. I might try again when the final season of Weeds starts this Summer or whenever it is.

By the way, tell your wife Powder Blue sucks. I saw it on Netflix Instant Watch. The only redeeming value of the movie is Jessica Biel goes topless.

C

chrisn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 7, 2009
Wisconsin
i called to cancel cinemax and starz and they offered me the hbo/sho deal. i took it