HBO to offer Obama Inauguration for Free

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Doubtful that the entertainment would have been as entertaining.

It is a sad day when the state of affairs in our government has boiled down to who brings the most entertainment. I'll keep my politics and my entertainment choices separate. Most of my favorite musicians hate my political views anyway, but I don't care. I wish they didn't feel the need to make political statements on their albums but I overlook it. I wonder if people with the opposite political views would overlook it if their favorite musicians started publicly bashing the opposition.

Politics should be kept out of both lyrics and comments by artists. Musical artists should do what they do best, and that is play their music. I get enough politics from other sources that actually make a living having a political opinion. Musicians need to realize they are potentially alienating half their fans when they stand up and bash an active president or candidate they don't favor. My job is not a political job. I don't spend my working hours letting everybody know my political views (unless they directly ask, and even then I do so only in rare circumstances). Musicians should do the same and leave it alone.

I should have expected trolls to give their 2 cents when I ask my question.

Anyways, I hope E* opens up the HD channel as well as SD.

Yep, you've got me. I am just trolling around looking for trouble. Nevermind that I just happened to come to one of my favorite sites and saw your post on the side. I asked a legitimate question. Does anybody think HBO would do this if McCain were elected?

Why don't you call Dish and ask if they are going to take part in what most providers are taking part in if you care so much. Better yet, open your wallet and subscribe to HBO and you wouldn't have to worry about whether or not you will get it for free. Sheesh.

All of McCain's favorite artists are dead and their recordings are only on 78's, and since the Victor Victrola doesn't output in Dolby Digital, HBO would have only had an SD feed at best. :D

Yes this event will be available free to everything, both the live show and Sunday replay at 7pm ET/PT.

It will be on HBO, HBO West, HBO Latino.

Press release should be coming out today. :)

Thank you. I'll go look for it in the EPG to set up a recording.

Wow, so none of the regular news networks will be able to cover anything? That is really strange.

Scott - Where will you post the news release? Here? Front page? Pub?

I'm hoping they will "open up" that time slot for recording, for those of us that don't subscribe to HBO.

Channels 300, 303 & 309?

Wow, so none of the regular news networks will be able to cover anything? That is really strange.

All of the regular news networks will be carrying the inauguration on Tuesday when it happens. What HBO will be covering is a live music concert at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday....... I'm sure the news services will have a highlight or two on the Sunday concert.

Face it. These people are so out of touch with reality that they thought that someone who lives close to Russia is a foreign policy expert due to the proximity to the country. They're bitter that they lost, and they'll take every opportunity to remind us that they don't approve of this president. They're not full-fledged sheet wearers, but they're close.

I'll be watching the Obama inauguration through Sling no matter where I am at, and I can guarantee you that it WILL be the historic event of 2009.

Scott - Where will you post the news release? Here? Front page? Pub?

I'm hoping they will "open up" that time slot for recording, for those of us that don't subscribe to HBO.

Channels 300, 303 & 309?

I was able to set my DVR for it yesterday afternoon, and I don't have HBO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)