HD-A1 problem.....

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Lately I have been having problems with the brightness while playing dvds and hddvds using the A1 player. I have been thinking that it was my tv but today i decided to test some things out. I brought my 360 hddvd player out there and played the same movie, and it was 100 times better than the A1, I changed the input and the HDMI that the A1 was using but still no difference. my question is what should i do, my warranty is up so i guess there really is nothing i can do about it. Thanks for your guys help!

Do you have the same problem with component and HDMI?

-John

BTW, you can always try calling Toshiba, they might still honor the warranty. I've heard a few people get warranyt service after the 90 day period.

Yea I tried both component and HDMI and the picture is still rediculously dark. But when i put the same movie in the xbox HD dvd player the picture was alot lighter so it has to be the A1

I called toshiba today and they said eventhough my warranty is up that i wouldnt have to pay anything, just shipping one way. So hopefully they will fix it, the lady i talked to said that it takes 3 days for them to fix things so hopefully ill get it back early next week!

Well I got my HD-A1 back from the repair and guess what...... It works as good as new, the picture is a lot better. Im really happy about not having to pay anything for it either!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)