HD-A2 only $299.99!

Oh NO! What is this I'm feeling? Temptation?

What's with the 5 free HD-DVDs? Certificates for specific ones?

$300. Less about $150 for the value of the movies. Very tempting, even if I do think HD-DVD will fail in this country. But right now, I simply can't afford to buy it, since a rather large unexpected bill descended upon us.

But What A Deal!

Really bad news for BluRay. VE is matching the price.

I'm guess this is bad news for Blu-ray in the same sense that the Atari Jaguar selling for $99.99, than $79.99, then $49.99, them $19.99 at EB was bad for Playstation. The format is dying and the hardware in on clearance as a result.

The sound you hear is the air coming from the bluRay balloon

Vurbano, first you stated your choice. Than you tried to sell it. Then you hoped that you were right. Then you wished you were right. Now you are begging. V, give it up.

Price drops and bargains are never, ever, ever a good sign for a retail product. And I thought you took business 101.

Um, this is SECOND generation equipment selling for less than FIRST generation discontinued BR equipment (Samsung 1000). Spin it like you will, but this is definately a good deal.

BTW, Vurbano, how do you get the price match from VE?

-John

Didn't say it wasn't a good deal. Its a great deal, might get one myself. I was just stating that I don't think it is making the BD folks shake in their boots.

Didn't say it wasn't a good deal. Its a great deal, might get one myself. I was just stating that I don't think it is making the BD folks shake in their boots.

I don't quite see how saying "Price drops and bargains are never, ever, ever a good sign for a retail product" (which I thought was a really odd statement) quite equates "I don't think it is making the BD folks shake in their boots". :rolleyes:

Retail products often drop in price as larger production numbers equate to economies of scale and lower costs. Are you saying the PS3 will ever, ever drop in retail price - but if it does I should avoid it like the plague, because that will mean it's a dying product? :eek:

Price drops and bargains are never, ever, ever a good sign for a retail product. And I thought you took business 101.

I guess computers selling for $2000.00 today and six months later they are selling for $1000.00 is an indication that computers is a dying technology.

Read the link. http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/apr2007/tc20070406_288377.htm?campaign_id=yhoo

The HDDVD group has a concise business plan to win this so called format war
unlike the BDA/Sony approach.

I will wait until the HD vs Blue ray war is over
That's the same attitude people had towards the Voom satellite service, and you can see where its at now. Atleast I got a good year of awesome HD content from them!

And I can say the same thing about HD DVD now. I've got a great year out of HD DVD so far! I don't see either side packing it in for a while.

But don't worry -- just keep watching SD DVDs. They're good enough, right?

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)