A2 sells 90K over Weekend

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
The Toshiba "A2" sold over 90,000 units over the weekend at Walmart, CC, BB.

"Within three days, Toshiba corralled nearly as many sales as the best-selling stand-alone Blu-ray Disc player has sold since its launch. Sony’s dominant Blu-ray set-top, the $499 BDP-S300, has shipped about 100,000 since it bowed this summer."

And how many A3s were sold. BB is sold out.

HD DVD set-top player $99 sales moves units - 11/6/2007 - Video Business

S~

The Toshiba "A2" sold over 90,000 units over the weekend at Walmart, CC, BB.

"Within three days, Toshiba corralled nearly as many sales as the best-selling stand-alone Blu-ray Disc player has sold since its launch. Sony’s dominant Blu-ray set-top, the $499 BDP-S300, has shipped about 100,000 since it bowed this summer."

And how many A3s were sold. BB is sold out.

HD DVD set-top player $99 sales moves units - 11/6/2007 - Video Business

S~

Nice. Frys was selling A3s for $98 too.

They could not do this deal in every state as some states have an anti-dumping law on the books and do not allow price dumping. But, still, 90,000 standalones on one day is a damm good number!

Hey Toshiba -- drop that A35 down to $200 and I might have to turn purple!:dev

They could not do this deal in every state as some states have an anti-dumping law on the books and do not allow price dumping. But, still, 90,000 standalones on one day is a damm good number!

Hey Toshiba -- drop that A35 down to $200 and I might have to turn purple!:dev

well said...I tried picking one up...but everywhere i went they just sold out.

I wonder how amny were avaialable. Many oultlets had pretty severe restrictions.

A war zone where we spout facts. This is just weird.

Geronimo, most stores had 10-15 units. Some stores had as many as 25. However, 10 is the number most often quoted. In tech meccas, they were sold out well before the 8 AM sell time. In Round Rock, TX (home of Dell), rumor has it that the local Wal-Mart ran out of their allotment at 6:30 AM.

A war zone where we spout facts. This is just weird.

Geronimo, most stores had 10-15 units. Some stores had as many as 25. However, 10 is the number most often quoted. In tech meccas, they were sold out well before the 8 AM sell time. In Round Rock, TX (home of Dell), rumor has it that the local Wal-Mart ran out of their allotment at 6:30 AM.

In my area, most stores had 20-30 (the one I went to had 27). I have heard reports some isolated stores has as many as 50. I am 100% sure that they could sell 10x that amount if they had them on display at $99 until x-mas. The morning I was there it erupted into chaos, it was like a middle-aged moshpit (luckily I still remember how to throw an elbow).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts