HD-A3 sells out at Wal-Mart.com

Been out of stock online for 5-6 days I guess now, but today it was removed. I think Netflix and BBuy just sped things up a bit.

Yeah, I knew they ran out very recently and I thought if they re-stock it may say something about Walmart's "plans".

Toshiba High Definition DVD Player, HD-A3 - Wal-Mart

Geronimo: I think it means Walmart is walking away from HD-DVD. If/when that happens, Walmart needs to HAMMER on Sony and the other BD player makers on price. At the current $388 for the BDP-S300 (?), it will collect dust on Walmart's shelves.... Until it's below $150 it won't move much at Walmart. Regardless of people's opinions of WM, they're far and away the largest retailer in the world and they do have a wee bit of influence.

It is that Walmart reliance on low prices that makes me wonder. But I do not pretend to know what's up.

Here si the latest clearance item.

Venturer High-Definition DVD Player, SHD7000 - Wal-Mart

I have no idea hat thsi may mean.

The venturer has actually been on clearence for a few weeks.

It was never in my area, so it could be lack of product or lack of sales.

It was on clearence well before the A3 went out of stock online.

Honestly, I dont think the MIA A35's at CCity and BBuy and the MIA A3's on wally.com are because production can't keep up with demand.

The venturer has actually been on clearence for a few weeks.

It was never in my area, so it could be lack of product or lack of sales.
What walmart.com has available on their site has NO relation to what is available in their retail stores. Sure, they have some items in both places but many items are only available online or only in stores.

What Walmart.com has available on their site has NO relation to what is available in their retail stores. Sure, they have some items in both places but many items are only available online or only in stores.

I understand that.

I was just stating that it's been on clearance on line for awhile and it was never available in the 6 stores in my area.

It was a limited item that probably did not sell well.

Big thing with the A3 being MIA is you cant even check to see which of your local stores stock it. Gives the website viewer the impression Wally World has dropped the A3.

The local stores to me, to my knowledge, have never stocked HD-DVD or BD players until a few weeks ago with the HD-A3. They *may* have had them for the $99 Black Friday sale, but I was asleep in bed for that.... :)

The local stores to me, to my knowledge, have never stocked HD-DVD or BD players until a few weeks ago with the HD-A3. They *may* have had them for the $99 Black Friday sale, but I was asleep in bed for that.... :)

My local store had mostly D1's and A2's until recently. The A3 started showing up in late Dec. They've had two A2's sitting there with the UPC codes cut off for awhile. I was like "who the hell is gonna buy that", but they were down to one last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts