HD DVD starting to out sell BD head to head.

Why that just isnt possible. Hurry Joe, Chicago and Ice you must throw some BD FUD on this fire QUICK! Run back over to Blu-ray.com and grab some more blue trolls to put this out!

Last edited:
Why that just isnt possible. Hurry Joe, Chicago and Ice you must throw some BD FUD on this fire QUICK! Run back over to Blu-ray.com and grab some more blue trolls to put this out!

LOL, don't give him a heart attack before the holiday. Wait till all those A-2s get unwrapped on Tuesday to do that :D

The only reason is because Harry Potter comes in dual format. HD DVD and DVD. I have both systems and I chose HD DVD only so my son can watch in in his room on his regular DVD player. This is only with this movie.
Al other movies my first choice is BD format.

The only reason is because Harry Potter comes in dual format. HD DVD and DVD. I have both systems and I chose HD DVD only so my son can watch in in his room on his regular DVD player. This is only with this movie.
You are using combos as your explaination? :haha :haha

Yup, is something that they have been pushing for awhile. I dislike Dual Format disks (because they are more expensive) but understand how they sell to families this way.

Just Imagine how many dual format disks Disney would sell. oh wait they don't want that because then they couldn't sell both disks as fast. Greedy A**H***es

Point is that's the standard response whenever BD has positive news.

I wonder if the Potter numbers were skewed by the HD copies they tossed in BD boxes. :D

Point is that's the standard response whenever BD has positive news.

I wonder if the Potter numbers were skewed by the HD copies they tossed in BD boxes. :D

LOL, nah they were skewed by potter fans *shudders*that could be worse. :eek:

I

Again, there's no numbers there. :rolleyes:

Did they sell 95 total copies? 75,000? 200,000?

I'm just curious how well the Potter films actually sold. I don't know anyone that bought them in either format (or DVD for that matter).

It would be nice to have the Borne trilogy though. Definitely a great release for the HD-DVD crowd.

read much?

I see what he's saying. There is numbers there but not the ones he was looking for. Big miscommunication.

Maybe they sold 55 copies of HD-DVD and 45 on Blue Ray :D

But you can mix any number from that ratio

55,000 : 45,000

550,000 : 450,000

Or any other multiplier. But being Potter I would assume from the book signings I have seen that it is rather high than low. :D

read much?

Comprehend much? :D

55:45 is a RATIO, not total units sold. Unless of course they only moved 100 copies which I doubt.

It sounds like Borne outsold HP and that's what peaked my interest in how well Potter has sold, since it did much better at the box office, you'd expect it to sell better on disc.

even so this is different from what was seen in other periods. It is interesting and a rare case ofa War Zone thread providing some useful ifo. It amy be too early to say anythng definitive but this indicates that for some reason(s) HD DVD is selling better than itwas---at least with some titles.

Comprehend much? :D

55:45 is a RATIO, not total units sold. Unless of course they only moved 100 copies which I doubt.

It sounds like Borne outsold HP and that's what peaked my interest in how well Potter has sold, since it did much better at the box office, you'd expect it to sell better on disc.

How many weeks have HD DVD beat Blu RAY now!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)