How long can BD bleed?????

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Bourne, Harry Potter HD DVDs outpacing Blu-ray titles - 12/21/2007 - Video Business

These new box-office hits are not normally included in the primarily catalog ‘buy one, get one free’ deals. Popular with BD studios, these BOGO deals are enticing because consumers get two titles for 50% off the original price. But there is a question of how long studios can continue to support these promotions as they bring in considerably less money than regualarly-priced titles would.

I guess because he is pointing out that Blue may not be able to keep the BOGO's up.

Different topic same link :rolleyes:

Then the question should also be how long can HD-DVD bleed also? There have been plenty of HD-DVD BOGO's and buy 2 get 1 free deals the past couple of weeks. I guess HD-DVD wants to get the Bourne and Potter sales up with these offers.

Then the question should also be how long can HD-DVD bleed also? There have been plenty of HD-DVD BOGO's and buy 2 get 1 free deals the past couple of weeks. I guess HD-DVD wants to get the Bourne and Potter sales up with these offers.
There have been very few HD DVD BOGO's compared to BD and they have just recently started. Next ignorant post?

Ahh but this article implies that the losses are from the studios not necessarily Sony.

I would argue that as long as Sony studios keeps dumping money so will the others. Huge correlation between the two. :D

It would be like arguing how long could MS lose money :D Could be along time before either formats lose there companies enough money for the company to even bat an eyelash
:cool:

You could also argue that if the PS3 fails this generation (IF) that Blue Ray will fail as well. Or even vice versa.

Is why I always claim that Sony only used Blue Ray as its format to give a Crutch to their video format. Instead of going DVD 9. (especially since like 2 games in their library use more than 9 gigs)

Don't get me wrong having seen Drakes I was mildly impressed, But still nothing you couldn't fit on 2 DVD 9s.

There have been very few HD DVD BOGO's compared to BD and they have just recently started. Next ignorant post?

I guess you don't get the point that they are both doing it now. Even better the HD side is doing it on new releases also.

I think the better question would be "How long until hi-def disc prices come down to earth?"

If you look at the per disc price on a BOGO, $12-$17 or so, all it means is that :
1. They will sell more at that price point
2. There's no reason to sell them at a premium
3. The can get prices in line with SD-DVDs any time they want to

Of course the BOGO could be rendered irrelevant if HD-DVD lowered prices to match SD-DVDs. It is, I've heard, so much cheaper to make HD-DVDs than BD. :rolleyes:

With HD-DVD prices high, and their BOGOs few & far between, it seems they are just milking people for every cent they can. BD meanwhile is doing what they can to offer a better value.

I think the better question would be "How long until hi-def disc prices come down to earth?"

If you look at the per disc price on a BOGO, $12-$17 or so, all it means is that :
1. They will sell more at that price point
2. There's no reason to sell them at a premium
3. The can get prices in line with SD-DVDs any time they want to

Of course the BOGO could be rendered irrelevant if HD-DVD lowered prices to match SD-DVDs. It is, I've heard, so much cheaper to make HD-DVDs than BD. :rolleyes:

With HD-DVD prices high, and their BOGOs few & far between, it seems they are just milking people for every cent they can. BD meanwhile is doing what they can to offer a better value.

More like doing everything they can to avoid another failed format :D

Its more like a boxer taking multiple hits in the face trying to get inside to fight. How long can BD take the punishment. The problem is that the Neilsen numbers are hiding BD's bloody face.

Its more like a boxer taking multiple hits in the face trying to get inside to fight. How long can BD take the punishment. The problem is that the Neilsen numbers are hiding BD's bloody face.

You mean like Rocky? ;)

And yes, it's all because of those dang Neilsen numbers with their facts and reporting of sales. If they'd just quit telling the truth, it would be clear that HD-DVD is in the lead.

I keep forgetting, there has ALWAYS been a BOGO every single week for the last year. HD-DVD has NEVER had one either.

It hasn't been that long. It's only been since Transformers.

It resumed for Shrek 3. It's been every single week since then though.

HD-DVD has never had a national one like Blu. It has only been certain merchants like Amazon and Best Buy. I've never seen one at Circuit City, Wal-Mart, Target or Fry's.

52 - 2 = 50.
Blu ray = 50 weeks of a** raping on HD-DVD.
HD-DVD = 2 weeks of glory.
Enjoy your 2nd week of glory that must be Impressive*.
/golfclap