BD hacked how long before studios abandon ship?

Ripping its Illegal.
I can't believe people saying that watching a movie on their computer would give them a better experience than watching a movie on a 52" sonyXBR2 1080p?
Until you can view 1080p on a PC like you see it on a TV in this case a sonyXBR2, the statement above its false.

Ripping in and of itself is not the illegal part. I can take any DVD I own and legally rip it. BUT 110% agreed; why anyone would watch content on a PC is crazy UNLESS they happen to feed that out to a decent sized monitor of say 50" or more; so why not just use the typical STB to the display instead of the PC?

sharing it over the internet or downloading I believe its Illegal, no?

Ripping its Illegal.
No, it is not.
Violating DMCA is illegal. In the US only.
Not a single case was tried in court where it was proven ripping is a violation of DMCA.
Stripping protection from Adobe PDF files was tried: Sklyarov was acquitted.
DVD-Jon was tried twice. And acquitted both times.
sharing it over the internet or downloading I believe its Illegal, no?
The first case was tried recently and RIAA won (sharing audio, not video).
The most interesting part is, RIAA never approached Harvard University wrt to P2P song sharing but did many other universities.
Many claim this is because RIAA has an informal meeting with Harvard lawyers and they simply told RIAA to f*ck off. And they followed the advice.
I can't believe people saying that watching a movie on their computer would give them a better experience than watching a movie on a 52" sonyXBR2 1080p?
This is not because they are wrong but because you have no clue what you are talking about. Ever heard about HTPC?
Until you can view 1080p on a PC like you see it on a TV in this case a sonyXBR2, the statement above its false.
I do. For longer than there are HD/BD players in existence. And not on some Sony TV measured in inches.
Hence, your statement is false.

Diogen.

Agreed. My computer monitor will display a higher resolution than 1920x1080, and when I'm sitting right in front of it, it appears as a much bigger and clearer image than a bigscreen TV on the other side of the room.

No, it is not.
Violating DMCA is illegal. In the US only.
Not a single case was tried in court where it was proven ripping is a violation of DMCA.
Stripping protection from Adobe PDF files was tried: Sklyarov was acquitted.
DVD-Jon was tried twice. And acquitted both times.
The first case was tried recently and RIAA won (sharing audio, not video).
The most interesting part is, RIAA never approached Harvard University wrt to P2P song sharing but did many other universities.
Many claim this is because RIAA has an informal meeting with Harvard lawyers and they simply told RIAA to f*ck off. And they followed the advice.
This is not because they are wrong but because you have no clue what you are talking about. Ever heard about HTPC?
I do. For longer than there are HD/BD players in existence. And not on some Sony TV measured in inches.
Hence, your statement is false.

Diogen.

So you are telling me you can walk in a police office and you can start sharing movies all over the internet that you unrightfully did not pay for? I'd love to see you do that.
HTCP its little new to me, looked on wiki, but it seems you have to go thru a lot of trouble to set it up and preform maintenance.
Jee, I wonder why those *idiots* put a warning before a movie starts that the movie should not be shared, if you did they would sue your ass.

Diogen, maybe you should visit the University of Virgina where 3500 students were fined with downloading music from the internet and sharing it with each other without paying for the music? They sure did not think it was funny when the court issued a stop and pay up order.

In addition, while I was in the Air Force overseas we used to have a club (that was maintained and stocked by members) on the base where we could go and copy music and video. After some inquires about the legality of these clubs the Air Force shut them all down. I guess it wasn't legal enough to do it on a military installation in a foreign country either.

In the past you have always had the right to make a copy of your purchased media for your own personal use only. Even loaning the copy to a friend is illegal. Of course outside of the Napster case I don't think any official is lurking around to catch you doing this but just because you have not been caught or the law is not always prosecuted does not mean it is okay or has suddenly become legal.

So you are telling me you can walk in a police office and you can start sharing movies all over the internet...
Do you have reading comprehension problems? Where did I say that?
HTCP its little new to me...
That much I figured... Why then making categorical statements?
Jee, I wonder why those *idiots* put a warning before a movie starts...
Me too.
Diogen, maybe you should visit the University of Virgina where 3500 students were fined with downloading music from the internet and sharing it with each other...
And this you think proves it being illegal, right? To me it proves that UofV has stupid lawyers, nothing more.
What can be done - will be done. RIAA, MPAA and other Ass. of America should consult with DirecTV on the
possibility to stop copyright infrigement using the legal system. Hint: it doesn't work.
And the ongoing disaster called Nagravision 2 (Echostar and BEV) proves it again.
Even loaning the copy to a friend is illegal.
Have you taken your medication this morning? :)

Diogen.

To me it proves that UofV has stupid lawyers, nothing more.
Even Virginia (albeit not the university) has some smart people:
Virginia Judge Denies RIAA Ex Parte Motion Against College of William and Mary students...

Priceless:
"the whole statutory basis for your motion is nonexistent.... why didn't you read the statute before citing it?"
and
"why didn't you mention the real statute for this kind of thing, which DOESN'T allow this kind of motion against a COLLEGE?"

A very polite way to say GFY...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts