HD-A2 problem, warranty??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I bought one of the $98 HD-A2 players from Wal-mart a couple of weeks ago and watched 1 movie a couple of days after I bought it. But now I can't get the player to respond. I can hit the power button and the power light turns blue and the screen on the player says "welcome", but that is it. Nothing on the TV screen (stays black), and I can't get the DVD drawer to open. Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder if I can take it back to Wal-mart for an exchange or if I have to contact Toshiba?

I'm assuming you are waiting the 30 seconds or so the player takes before the door responds and that you have tried other video outputs.

Since it's been less than 90 days you should be able to return it IF you have not cut the barcode out for the 5 free HD-DVD's. If you have, then you will probably have to go through Toshiba or an authorized repair center.

I'm assuming you are waiting the 30 seconds or so the player takes before the door responds and that you have tried other video outputs.

Since it's been less than 90 days you should be able to return it IF you have not cut the barcode out for the 5 free HD-DVD's. If you have, then you will probably have to go through Toshiba or an authorized repair center.

I have one of these too.. not to hijack this thread but that is one of the annoying things about this player. It seems to take forever for the door to open when I hit open/close...30 seconds seems like a minute. I heard that this is "normal", but doesn't make sense to me why that is. I have also noticed that the HD DVD player is very suseptible to scratches. Had a few issues with Blockbuster rentals that had a few seemingly "minor" scratches.

Well, the load time to me is no different then the few BD players I have used (not the PS3). So that is a non-issue to me.

I don't have any problems with scratches (yet) and I have 2 kids under 4 who are prett brutal to some of our older discs and all play no problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts