HD-A2 problems?

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 2, 2005
The wife got me a Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player for Christmas. Picture is great, but the player doesn't seem all that reliable.

I have it configured to beep on keypresses, so I know whether the unit receives the remote commands. Every time I press a key, I hear a beep -- so it's getting the commands properly.

The problem is that it doesn't always respond to the commands. Heck, it doesn't always respond to direct button-presses either. Tonight I had to unplug the main power to shut it off.

Has anybody else seen these kinds of problems?

You may want to check the position of the IR sensor on the unit. I installed a new DVD player a few months ago, and thought I was having the same problem. Turned out that the IR sensor moved from the middle to the far right side of the unit. The unit cannot receive any remote commands while you're sitting to the left of the unit. Gets blocked by the entertainment unit.

Thanks, but I'm almost directly in front of it. Also, it's beeping whenever I press a remote button, so it seems to be getting the commands.

The bigger concern is that it doesn't respond when I press buttons on the unit. Last night it didn't power-off from the remote. I pressed the POWER button on the unit, it beeped, and it remained ON. I had to remove the main power cord to shut it off.

Playback video and audio are fine. The controls seem to be crap, and the processor is awfully slow. On a successful ejection, the drawer doesn't start to move for almost 30 seconds.

I've tried both. Same results.

BUT, it does not matter: when I press the POWER BUTTON on the PLAYER, and the unit won't power-down.

Are you using new batterys in the remote control? :music I just bought a new A2 and will be hooking it up today :D I will check to see if I have the same kinda problem that you describe. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Are you using new batterys in the remote control? :music I just bought a new A2 and will be hooking it up today :D I will check to see if I have the same kinda problem that you describe. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Yes, new batteries.
But, again, the problem is not isolated to the remote. If I use buttons on the player, the result is the same.

Several days ago I un-plugged the unit for an hour and the problem seems to have gone away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)