HD Absolute = No 922?

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
(.........) CSR: I was able to see why I can't add it. Your package, HD absolute, is no longer offered, you are being grandfather, this is why you have it. Since you would be upgrading your receiver and require a 24 month commitment to minimum programming, you won't be able to participate on an upgrade offer unless you change packages.
(.......) CSR: The minimum package needed is our dish family package, in order to get HD programming you woudl need our America's top 120 or higher package. You can find information about each package on the following link:
The agent is sending you to http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/programming/default.aspx.

Was just told this by the CSR..... guess no 922 upgrade for me....

(.........) CSR: I was able to see why I can't add it. Your package, HD absolute, is no longer offered, you are being grandfather, this is why you have it. Since you would be upgrading your receiver and require a 24 month commitment to minimum programming, you won't be able to participate on an upgrade offer unless you change packages.
(.......) CSR: The minimum package needed is our dish family package, in order to get HD programming you woudl need our America's top 120 or higher package. You can find information about each package on the following link:
The agent is sending you to http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/programming/default.aspx.

Was just told this by the CSR..... guess no 922 upgrade for me....

I got HD absolute and I got the 922 with a $200 upgrade fee plus 24 month commitment and $15 dollar install fee.

Ok well.... Here is the lowdown......

I called in after getting that answer in chat and got lucky on the second try. However, I believe that currently it is a glitch in the computer system that us lucky few are getting in on.

While I was on the phone the rep was nice enough to tell me the following:

The system does give a warning that HD Absolute is grandfathered and any updates to receivers requires a qualifying package.

However, the rep went ahead and tried to add the receiver after getting the warning and was successful. So it seems that they haven't locked down the system enough to actually prevent the 922 being added to HD Absolute.

Either way it looks like the days of Absolute might be numbered. Dish is really trying to get the HD Absolute out of the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)