HD and International Programming?

bb1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Austin, Texas
I have a question which I thought would be easy to determine but I have not had the best of luck talking to Dish. I have an old 311 box and a Super Dish which has served me well and has provided my wife with 2 channels of programming in her native language of German. I would like to upgrade to HD in the living room (I bought a new TV for my xbox and now I'm hooked).

What is the best (without performing a cashectomy on my wallet) way to go to get HD in the living room, SD in the bedroom and still receive our German channels? I know I need a second dish but do I need a second cable or can I use one? Can both dishes be stacked to one box? Should I get a VIP622 or a VIP211 and use the 311 in the bedroom?:confused:

I like Dish but their 'techs' don't seem to know much. They don't really have any upgrade options for wankers like me :tux: that have older boxes. Thanks for any help you can give.

:welcome to the site.

If you don't need a DVR the cheapest option would be to add a VIP211 to your account for a $49 upgrade fee.

The installation is to include what you need to get the HD channels. Which would be that second dish and a DPP44 in your case and running a cable to the bedroom that you want the 311 moved to.

Thanks, that sounds like the way to go except the person at Dish told me I'm not eligible for the $49 lease upgrade because I'm an existing customer. Should I try again and hope for someone more knowledgable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)