HD and SD showing up

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
is there a way to make only the HD versions of channels show up? I want all of the channels to show up, but for HD channels, I don't want the SD equivalent to pop up. is this possible?

is there a way to make only the HD versions of channels show up? I want all of the channels to show up, but for HD channels, I don't want the SD equivalent to pop up. is this possible?

lock out the sd versions.

If you go to your 'Favorites' under the 'Preferences' menu option you can make your own guide so that only the channels that you are interested appear. I found that this makes my channel surfing much more efficient.

Hopefully that helps

The latest software in the 722/622/612/222/211 has 3 guide displays....pushing the guide button repeatedly steps you thru the different versions. One version shows HD only. If you wish to edit that list, then you will need to follow the previous post.

Jerryinvirginia's way will only show HD channels and you will not see any SD channels what so ever. Your best bet is to lock out the SD equivilent of an HD channel and then hit the hide lock channel button. That is what I do and it works very well (I even lock the non mapped down version as well so I only have channels listed in my guide once.

Yup, I lock out the 9000 level HD channels AND I lock the SD versions. Only ones I leave are the ones that do stretch or Stretch-O-Vision. For the Disney and NBC/Universal channels and the premium channels, there is no reason to ever watch the SD version because they don't distort SD programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)